ATX Community

Beta testers

rfassett

I am curious about the beta testing start date. I see that some are starting to test on September 9th. What are you testing? Is it the 2012 software with 2013 enhancements? Or is it the 2013 software? The reason for my confusion is that we normally do not get a release of the software until December - and then it is a very watered down version. How can we believe that anything tested now will resemble the December release?

I pose this question simply because I am curious about the system. It really does not matter one way or the other to me since I have severed my ties with the ATX tax software and moved on. Just curious.

I am curious about the beta testing start date. I see that some are starting to test on September 9th. What are you testing? Is it the 2012 software with 2013 enhancements? Or is it the 2013 software? The reason for my confusion is that we normally do not get a release of the software until December - and then it is a very watered down version. How can we believe that anything tested now will resemble the December release?

I pose this question simply because I am curious about the system. It really does not matter one way or the other to me since I have severed my ties with the ATX tax software and moved on. Just curious.

I don't believe I can give you complete answers because of non-disclosure restrictions. The total working program cannot be released until much later in the year. We will be testing the changes already made to the very engine of the program. There will be three testing phases. Stay tuned. Once I have completed my beta testing with all the communications needed, I will post my recommendations.

• Like 2

Beta testers, I believe a large undecided amount of ATX users are going to making final decisions on your results!! Best wishes for factual testing and results. Unfortunatley we don't get that from headquarters.

Keep beating it up and throwing some crumbs to the suffering uninformed.

Jerry

• Like 1

>>the suffering uninformed<<

Yes, hopefully with the range of testers across a variety of configurations, ATX will receive very useful feedback that will enable them to put out a stable product, and that the testers will be able to give enough details to satisfy skeptical, wary customers without breaking the nondisclosure terms that were agreed to.

Welcome to the "unofficial" forum, Jerry.

Many of us had told we were testing long before we knew about the Non-Disclosure

Not that I don't want to hear the results myself, but that doesn't change anything if you are a Beta Tester and signed the agreement! I would suggest you read the agreement carefully and understand this is CCH and Wolters Kluwer. BIG BUCKS there, with big bucks on the line should your comments affect the bottom line, adversley of course.

I would be happy to read the agreement for you if someone would forward me the NDA, although (since I have drafted them myself), I would guess even the disclosure of the NDA is a breach of it.

I would be happy to read the agreement for you if someone would forward me the NDA, although (since I have drafted them myself), I would guess even the disclosure of the NDA is a breach of it.

There is no need to look at the NDA.

The fact that others know that we are preview (beta) testers is NOT an issue. The NDA for both the preview and the CAB is designed to prevent inhouse processes and information from being put out. It was very well received that several of us were preview testers (5 of 8 of those in attendance at the CAB) and were ready to make recommendations and observations once the testing is complete. Intimate details of how the internal structure had been changed, etc. must remain private till such time as their legal department says (if ever) that we can disclose it.

During the CAB where we met about 15 top people in the process of getting 2013 ready, I am at 90% convinced to stay on board. Trust me when I say, those directly involved in the development and testing were run through the wringer by the CAB people. I mean REALLY run through the wringer.

Stay tuned. We (CAB members) asked for direction about how much of the meetings we can disclose. Trust me when I say, I will disclose everything I can without breaking their trust in me, that will help anyone that has used ATX to make a good decision.

Meanwhile, all those that are preview testers, keep beating it up! The people actually working on the software listened to everything we told them.

Stay tuned. I am 90% ready to stay on board. More as soon as I have the remaining pieces to make my decision and make the call for myself and the firm I work for.

• Like 4

I'm sticking with ATX. They had one bad year, and from everything I have read and heard, they will be much improved.

Trust me when I say that the WHOLE company at ATX is consumed and driven to release a dependable, working product. The conversations I had at the CAB were deep and revealed to me their dedication to do it right. Lots of new faces, several old faces gone and an entirely different attitude.

Stand by, I will give you my recommendations as soon as I have done as much testing as they will allow me to do. When I decide, you can rest assured I will have viable and extensively explained reasons for my recommendations.

• Like 4

Beta testers --- Would any of you use ATX 2013 as your primary tax software. Based on how your beta test went.

Yes, details may be nice BUT in case that might get you in trouble ---- just the fact whether you would or would not use ATX 2013 as a primary, would be good information for the rest of us --- still undecided (but hoping).

Thanks, Ed

Beta testers --- Would any of you use ATX 2013 as your primary tax software. Based on how your beta test went.

Yes, details may be nice BUT in case that might get you in trouble ---- just the fact whether you would or would not use ATX 2013 as a primary, would be good information for the rest of us --- still undecided (but hoping).

Thanks, Ed

I still have much more indepth testing to do beyond what they had me check. Currently, I am about 95% convinced. That is up from 90% after the CAB seminar. If you used 2012, using 2013 will not be significantly different other than many of the problems with 2012 have been eliminated. Patience. I will be posting more once my additional testing regime is finished.