ATX Community

NT - Picture of the construction on my kitchen

BulldogTom

It's beautiful and now you are moving?  We did something similar before moving from Boston to Cincinnati.  Beautiful tile in the entry, remodeled the half bath, then moved.  So sorry we didn't get much use out of it but know it helped sell the house.

Margaret,

This is the home we are moving to, not moving out of. 

We are renovating the kitchen, two bathrooms and putting new flooring into the whole house.  In addition, we have done some plumbing and electrical upgrades.  My day job is CFO for a General Contractor, so I got a really good deal on the project.

My wife was at the house when the sub contractors were working last week.  The tile sub yells at the plumbing sub that he better do a good job for the owner of the company.  The plumber yells back "to hell with him, I want to keep Tom happy so my checks keep coming!".  I thought it was kinda cool that they recognized that my signature is on the bottom of the AP checks.

I expect to get 3-4 years of happy enjoyment from this home.  After the kids are done with college, we will decide where we want to move for retirement.  Newark is a nice place, but the SF Bay Area is not my idea of a retirment community.  I think we will move back to the Central Valley and work on building up our tax practice there.

Tom

Hollister (soon to be Newark), CA

• Like 3

post-82-0-58604500-1416504027_thumb.jpgpost-82-0-94673500-1416504066_thumb.jpgpost-82-0-58678500-1416504095_thumb.jpg

Here are pictures of the hall bathroom and the master bathroom.  The tile on the floor in the hall bath is a bit hazy still from the grout, but the color is shiny black like the accent in the tub surrond.  The master bath has a dual shower system, one for me and one for my wife with an adjustable shower head for her (I have been told that women like to take a shower and not get their hair wet, but not having much hair, I would not understand that).

Sorry to keep bragging, but I am really liking how this is turning out.

Floors go in Friday, moving day is Sunday.

Tom

Hollister (Soon to be Newark), CA

• Like 7