ATX Community

ATX 2014

ILLMAS

I went through the very easy password reset process (just eliminated the password) and now I'm in. It had 509 forms to update. That took about as long as expected. Also as expected, an awful lot of forms (including the ACA forms) are not yet available.

Most of the functions look familiar--I didn't see any new tool bar buttons. A quick scan of the drop downs didn't reveal any surprises.

I rolled over my own return as a trial. It seemed to take a lot longer than I expected. After about 50 seconds the progress meter had not moved off dead zero so I cancelled the rollover. Lo and behold, my return showed up in the Return Manager. I guess it was going on in the background but wasn't updating the progress meter.

Opening the return took a bit longer than expected, probably because it was looking for a lot of forms that don't yet exist. It finally opened after 30 or 40 seconds. Once in, bouncing around from one tab to another or one form to another was quick and seamless.

So I guess my first impression is reasonably good. I trust the rollover issues will be smoothed out as new updates are issued.

The download took about 7 minutes and the installation about 5. So within 15 minutes, I was rolling my first return. No issues so far.

I predicted a couple of years ago that ATX fixed so many issues the future releases were going to be excellent. I hope I was right. SO FAR SO GOOD.

One thing I noticed that they said that my user name was admin, but I already had an account and password. I was entering admin and it never worked. I was asked to change the password and then it said that my account was locked. Then it asked to type the email address associated with the account and it never worked. I went to the site and tried my old user name and password and it let in and I had to change my password. So, if you have a user name and password, do not use admin as they suggest.

I downloaded last week. Yesterday  I tried to rollover a return.  ATX could not find 2013 returns.  A notification about this situation talked about a Avast Anitveris software that would not alow the rollover to occur. I do not have Avast. I have Mcafee.   I emailed ATX Support and the return email said to call support. The second level person corrected the rollover error. Back up and running.

Loaded from web site a few days ago, loaded well with one server error on initial load (did this on each computer - same thing) and had to restart program -- then all was fine.

Roll overs all did well (except for forms not available). Timing seemed a tad slow but contributed that to looking for forms not there but will roll over when available.

"Played" with several return (all mine are 1040, some sch c, investments, etc. nothing BIG business wise). and everything seemed to go properly.

I am running 2 systems (both stand alone --- I like to be prepared)  both win 7 home, all above minimum (one computer processor is AMD (other Intel) - so except for that - exceeds top spec's).

Using "Norton 360" for security and no problems (was looking at Zone Alarm --- but will rethink - from above comments). 

With Zone Alarm, was it just the install that needed something else and Zone Alarm does not effect "normal" activity or is Zone Alarm totally unworkable for ATX?

Filed CD they sent and did all from web site download (same basic time as you have to update CD load immediately anyway).

Looking forward to a good season --- except for 3115 (not a worry to me) and of course ACA fun and games.

Have a GREAT season .

I am running 2 systems (both stand alone --- I like to be prepared)  both win 7 home, all above minimum (only computer processor is AMD (other Intel) - so except for that - exceeds top spec's).

Same here, with the two systems, both stand alone; possibly three.  Installed to desktop today.  Went well.  After updates, was able to roll over my "Test" return with no issues.  And away we go for another year.

I ran into the same problem. I have stopped using Zone Alarm and now use Microsoft Security Essentials. My software loads much more quickly and  so far works well. I now believe that my problems with software in prior years came in no small part from the security software I used.

It is easy to blame the new kid on the block and ATX is the new kid on the block each year. I am glad we have figured out that Zone Alarm needs some adjustments to work with ATX without blocking what's needed.

I am sure you are right. I feel with time and a good ZA tech I could have clicked a few toggles and all would have been well.

However, I am no computer tech to say the least and chatting maybe a few hours with a tech is something I have little patience with. I went to Gibson Research and ran one of their tests I have used for years to check my security software's effectiveness and was surprised to find the Microsoft product produced an identical score as ZA. So for this ole bird all is well. :P 

There are so many forms not ready for my own return.  No Sch C, no Sch F.  I don't even have p. 2 of Form 1040.  I don't see the point in releasing the product without p. 2 of Form 1040.

Please tell me nobody has p. 2 of Form 1040, and it's not just me. 

There are so many forms not ready for my own return.  No Sch C, no Sch F.  I don't even have p. 2 of Form 1040.  I don't see the point in releasing the product without p. 2 of Form 1040.

Please tell me nobody has p. 2 of Form 1040, and it's not just me.

Rita,

At the bottom of the 1040 there should be a bar with various tabs, mine says pages & worksheets, then the number 1 and number 2. 2 is the second page of the 1040. I know you've been around ATX for awhile, so I'm assuming that in your case #2 isn't there? Mine is and it has shown up on a couple of my returns that I've rolled over.

Rita,

At the bottom of the 1040 there should be a bar with various tabs, mine says pages & worksheets, then the number 1 and number 2. 2 is the second page of the 1040. I know you've been around ATX for awhile, so I'm assuming that in your case #2 isn't there? Mine is and it has shown up on a couple of my returns that I've rolled over.

Posted on official forum and taxhack told me to maximize screen.  He didn't have it either.  I'm good now.  Whew.

• Like 1

I don't mean to be a butthead, but I am going to ask at the risk of sounding like Mr. Obvious.   Did you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page?  Is your monitor set up to show the whole display of the form, or is it cutting it off and you have to scroll down to see the bar at the bottom.

Tom

Newark, CA

I don't mean to be a butthead, but I am going to ask at the risk of sounding like Mr. Obvious.   Did you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page?  Is your monitor set up to show the whole display of the form, or is it cutting it off and you have to scroll down to see the bar at the bottom.

Tom

Newark, CA

Hey, Buddy, yeah I had to maximize the screen.  You can sound like Mr. Obvious, I ain't skeered.  I love you. :wub:

• Like 2

Just finished my second install.  One more to go.  Why does this junk make me so nervous?  It all comes out in the wash.  Have to go over preferences about four times before I have them the way I want them..  (Well, at least we have the options!)  And, yes Rita, I have page 2.

• Like 1