ATX Community

NT / I just want to sit down with you

RitaB

"I just want to sit down with you and discuss some things."

It's just part of being on the tax season struggle bus that people start businesses in June and want to "discuss" January - April, isn't it?  Every.  Year.

Edited by RitaB
  • Like 8

"I just want to sit down with you and discuss some things."

It's just part of being on the tax season struggle bus that people start businesses in June and want to "discuss" January - April, isn't it?  Every.  Year.

It is way too early in the season for these things to be bothering us.  Make no mistake - they are bothering us.  But I think all the angst surrounding this season has us all on edge.  I am also fighting the battle to tell some folks to take a flying leap and I will supply the take-off module.  We are still knee deep in payroll reports and of the 60 some that we have done we have had to re-do two.  Who told these folks that they are allowed to critique our work. :)  Fact of the matter, neither mistake was ours.  One duplicated a paycheck and did not bother to tell us.  The other forgot to include the pension contribution for the Pastor.

On another note, I had a call today from a long time client that bought a pickup truck from a dealer on the other side of the state line.  Client calls to ask me how he pays state sales tax on the truck.  What, the dealer did not know the answer to that question?  Fortunately that call came today and not a month from now.  I still have some stored up "nice thoughts".  I used a couple of those up today.  :)

• Like 7

I don't know how other states handle it, but if we sell a vehicle in WI to a resident of another state, they take all the paperwork with them and register the vehicle and pay the sales tax in their state of residence.  It would make sense to me that this would be a general rule.  We have a temporary plate that they can use to drive the vehicle home (cardboard).

Actually everyone who called or came in today has been very sweet.  BUT, it is now 7:30 PM and the phone is still a ringin'.  I am really, really tired.

Actually everyone who called or came in today has been very sweet.  BUT, it is now 7:30 PM and the phone is still a ringin'.  I am really, really tired.

Everybody but that guy wanting to "discuss" was great.  He's late on every sales tax return, late to pay me, then wants to know what exactly counts as a business expense.  Uh, what you actually pay for a business purpose.  For example, my fees, oh, here's another copy of the statement I gave you last week, this will count for 2015, thank you.

• Like 9

Everybody but that guy wanting to "discuss" was great. He's late on every sales tax return, late to pay me, then wants to know what exactly counts as a business expense. Uh, what you actually pay for a business purpose. For example, my fees, oh, here's another copy of the statement I gave you last week, this will count for 2015, thank you.

Rita: I like that. Mind if I use it sometime?

• Like 1

I know it is early in the game for this kind of comment, but the facts are the facts, what's a lunch, Jack and Eric?

Something you do at your desk because one of the front office people offered to g pick the food up.  Lunch is that collection of those brief moments between pages on the computer that you take a bite of the food brought to you.

• Like 1

Something you do at your desk because one of the front office people offered to g pick the food up.  Lunch is that collection of those brief moments between pages on the computer that you take a bite of the food brought to you.

Aaawww - I see.  I remember something like that.  And then people stopped bringing me food.  Go figure!  Does a bag of pretzels and a reese's peanut butter cup count?  That is what I had between pages today.  So THAT is what a lunch is.

• Like 3

Aaawww - I see.  I remember something like that.  And then people stopped bringing me food.  Go figure!  Does a bag of pretzels and a reese's peanut butter cup count?  That is what I had between pages today.  So THAT is what a lunch is.

I gave them all a pound of home-made peanut brittle for Christmas.  Comfort food stays in peoples' memories a long time!!

• Like 1

I know it is early in the game for this kind of comment, but the facts are the facts, what's a lunch, Jack and Eric?

I'm still not sure if Jack's chinese food response had anything to do with me offering to eat the chocolate lab with lava cake for dessert.

• Like 6