ATX Community

Rant! I'm so sorry, I just got a 1099R

NECPA in NEBRASKA

Rita - my tech guy hates me.  I have kept every email from the beginning.  So yes, I do have the original email and email exchanges after the bill was sent.

Ms TabbyKats - thanks!

Here is what I decided to send and his response:

"Are you certain that it is Audited Financial Statements you need? This is where we had issues last year.  I did supply you with the Audited Statements and billed you and you said you never requested the Audited Statements and will not need Audited Statements in the future and did not pay the bill.  Just want to make sure I know what you need."

Client's response: "Is it just the financial statements? And once we have our NEW business on its own I will take care of that bill.  I apologize it has taken so long not your issue I know just wanted to explain."

Hahaha, you are gold!  My tech guy hates me, too.  The other day he was here, and I was drinking coffee.  I said, "Hey, I just installed java."

• Like 5

Well, a bit more violent than my usual response but I do like it when a client 'offers' to pay additional money (and when did that ever happen?).

I had one already this year who said "You have to charge me more this year because I have this student loan interest and this Health Insurance thing"  (Those who can least afford it are most often the most generous"!

• Like 4

In the case of the missing 1099R for the rollover that the original post was about, I'd probably advise to wait for the letter from the IRS because there's no effect on any item of income, deduction, tax or any credit.  I'd give the client a choice of amending for a stated fee or waiting for a letter and leave the final decision to him or her.

Is there any effect at the state or local level for this not being reported?

10906286_1019024928114495_62763312893298

I love it!  From one who once thought that the coffee bean was planted and harvested just for him, you have no idea how I can totally relate to that picture.  I drank a good 14 to 16 (18 to 20 on particularly grueling days) cups per day until they planted this mechanical heart beat in my chest.  Now I am down to about 5 to 7 cups per day.  No one told me to cut it out, I just don't need the extra push anymore.  shhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

Judy, There should not be a problem with the state for not reporting. I want to see the 1099R before I tell her that it can wait. I can't really trust someone else to tell me if it's taxable or not. 

As for java, I love my Keurig! It isn't as good as fresh brewed, but I can have any flavor that I feel like almost immediately without extra calories. I am trying some teas now, since it's supposed to be better for you, but I still like coffee better.

Edited by NECPA in NEBRASKA