ATX Community

ATX - Working Well

Yardley CPA

I know I should probably keep my mouth shut as I don't want to jinx anything but ATX is working well for me.  It's humming right along with no issues whatsoever.  I run on a standalone machine and never experienced any real issues in the past and find that this year everything from the installation to the performance has been real smooth.  Hope everyone using ATX (and any other software for that matter) are also experiencing good results!

• Like 4

We have 500 appointments, and 200 fulfilled into ATX so far. One preparer gets the rare "retry" error for some reason. The retry error is very random across all our machines; I can't see a pattern to it at all. We reboot all of our PCs each day, except for manager, receptionist and scanner. Our "Windows Server 2012 Essentials" machine requires no reboot.

About my only complaint about ATX 2014 is that our use of custom fields isn't absolutely reliable; one guy can change a field, and it doesn't show up reliably for the other PCs. Once we reboot, that's all fixed, kinda.

I have only prepared a few returns so far, (Win 7 Pro 64 bit standalone) but I have noticed the following:

1.  I turn my computer off at the end of the day and reboot every morning.

2.  ATX 2014 will not open ( can't find server)

3.  Prior in installing ATX 2014, I had to go to the Admin Console to get the servers started before ATX    . 2013 would open   

4.  Now ATX 2013 opens without any problem (Although there is a new window that tells you the servers are starting up)

5.  After opening ATX 2013, ATX 2014 will open without any delay.

I get the impression that ATX has modified the server start up process which has also improved the opening of ATX 2013.

But it is kind of annoying to have to open 2013 every day so that I can open 2014.

Edited by cbslee

I am having issues with fee collect, of all things.  The software no longer thinks I am enrolled, but the bank and my ATX account both say I am.  Need to get this resolved, because 15-20% of my clients use this product.

But except for being a little slow, this year is working fairly well (if you don't count the Schedule B on the CA 100S issue that I am looking for an answer on).

Tom

Newark, CA

Edited by BulldogTom

I have only prepared a few returns so far, (Win 7 Pro 64 bit standalone) but I have noticed the following:

3.  Prior in installing ATX 2014, I had to go to the Admin Console to get the servers started before ATX    . 2013 would open   

4.  Now ATX 2013 opens without any problem (Although there is a new window that tells you the servers are starting up)

I get the impression that ATX has modified the server start up process which has also improved the opening of ATX 2013.

But it is kind of annoying to have to open 2013 every day so that I can open 2014.

You have an installation problem.  A call to tech support, get past the first two levels, then a REAL technician will be able to help you.

You probably just need to wait longer before opening 2014. Opening 2013 may be just a red herring.

You probably just need to wait longer before opening 2014. Opening 2013 may be just a red herring.

This morning, I experimented a bit:

1.  After turning on my computer, I waited at least 30 minutes, ATX 2014 still wouldn't open.

2.  Went to the 2013 Admin Console to start servers. (Purposefully did not open ATX 2013 )

3.  ATX 2014 then started up and opened just fine ???

Some things with this program will remain a mystery forever ! :P

This morning, I experimented a bit:

1.  After turning on my computer, I waited at least 30 minutes, ATX 2014 still wouldn't open.

2.  Went to the 2013 Admin Console to start servers. (Purposefully did not open ATX 2013 )

3.  ATX 2014 then started up and opened just fine ???

Some things with this program will remain a mystery forever ! :P

You have an installation problem.  A call to tech support, get past the first two levels, then a REAL technician will be able to help you.

They moved the Admin Console program for 2014. It's located here:

C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesCCH Small Firm ServicesATX 2014 Admin Console

Jim,

Thanks for the info. So the process is exactly what I had to do with 2013.

Go to the 2014 Admin Console, Start the Servers, Wait a minute, Start ATX 2014 ( takes about a minute)

Other than this annoyance, no other problems. As far as I am concerned the program is running better than it has since 2010.

• Like 1

Was working like a charm until 7 AM with a client waiting on me for once. Got the following error... 

"Can't Connect to Server" - An attempt was made to start the server process, but the application is still unable to connect. Please start the server and try again. 

Any ideas? Going though things I have done before that solved it (2013) but so far no luck. Did not install latest upgrade. 

Was working like a charm until 7 AM with a client waiting on me for once. Got the following error... 

"Can't Connect to Server" - An attempt was made to start the server process, but the application is still unable to connect. Please start the server and try again. 

Any ideas? Going though things I have done before that solved it (2013) but so far no luck. Did not install latest upgrade. 

Did you manually restart the server processes ?

Edited by cbslee

I am getting this error often.  Sometimes I it happens in the middle of a return, and I have to restart.  I lost one return this way and had to start over, even though I have autosave turned on.  Any ideas?  

I don't know whether you're using Win 7 or Win 8, but if you haven't done so you should go into your system settings

and turn off all energy saving settings and set the your system for max performance.

Also make sure all ATX files are excluded from your firewall and your whatever security program you're using.

Finally to the extent you can, reduce the number of programs you have running in the background.