ATX Community

Help - Cannot print to any printer or .pdf

jasdlm

Help!  I cannot print . . . at all!  This started last night when I went to print a return I had just finished.  I had printed others earlier in the day.  I get a red error message that says 'did not print successfully.  there was an error printing the document'.  It did print a few pages and then stopped.  I restarted the software, restarted the computer, tried 3 different printers and .pdf, and tried other workstations.  ATX first solution (from tech support after almost one hour hold) did not work.  Called my tech guy, and after he worked on it, he said it's an ATX issue.  All other programs printing fine.

On hold again (forever) for tech support.  Anyone faced this?  I'm trying to stay calm and keep my hair on, but if I can't print or .pdf . . .

Thanks in advance.

I would post this on ATX's official site as the moderators may help you with a quicker solution than calling in to support and waiting and waiting for no solution.  They can also relay your problem to the right people.

Or, wait for Abby Normal to see your post, he always has good computer insights.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jasdlm said:

Help!  I cannot print . . . at all!  This started last night when I went to print a return I had just finished.  I had printed others earlier in the day.  I get a red error message that says 'did not print successfully.  there was an error printing the document'.  It did print a few pages and then stopped.  I restarted the software, restarted the computer, tried 3 different printers and .pdf, and tried other workstations.  ATX first solution (from tech support after almost one hour hold) did not work.  Called my tech guy, and after he worked on it, he said it's an ATX issue.  All other programs printing fine.

On hold again (forever) for tech support.  Anyone faced this?  I'm trying to stay calm and keep my hair on, but if I can't print or .pdf . . .

Thanks in advance.

Make sure ATX print manager is printing to the correct printer.  Since the last update, I noticed that print manager starting sending things to an old non-functional printer instead of the correct one.

• Like 1

I would log on as the administrator and do this:

1.- Remove the printer from ATX or select a different printer.

2.- Remove the printer from the OS.

3.- Stop and restart the print spooler service and make sure it is set to automatically

3.- Shut down computer for 30 seconds.

4.- Power up and reinstall the printer and make it default

5.- Select that printer in ATX.

As JONH said a while ago, for the pdf printer, make sure the cables are correctly attached to the printer and computer.

Thanks, all!  After hours on the phone with tech support and letting them take over the computer, someone else called in with the same issue.  It turns out that it is something that went wonky with the last update and has to do with Kansas Estimated Payment Vouchers.  They are working on a fix.  Right now, I can print as long as I suppress printing on estimated vouchers.  Eeegads.  Thanks so much to everyone for offering help!

Edited by kcjenkins
To highlight the solution
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, Pacun said:

I would log on as the administrator and do this:

1.- Remove the printer from ATX or select a different printer.

2.- Remove the printer from the OS.

3.- Stop and restart the print spooler service and make sure it is set to automatically

3.- Shut down computer for 30 seconds.

4.- Power up and reinstall the printer and make it default

5.- Select that printer in ATX.

As JONH said a while ago, for the pdf printer, make sure the cables are correctly attached to the printer and computer.

How do you remove printer from ATX?