ATX Community

NT Sort Of

mcb39

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mel, you are cruel.

Out here in CA, there is a small company that runs the fair circuit in the summer. They make some of the best cinnamon rolls, and they smear a bunch of cream cheese on them and sprinkle them with walnuts. It is the best $6 I spend at the fair every year. And you can watch them make them right through the window of their trailer.

The fair is still so far away, and so is Hawaii.

Hey Mel, if I take my wife to Hawaii for a three day weekend in April, will you make some rolls for us? I am serious. I have to take Patty for a long weekend after tax season for missing our anneversary in March. I was going to take her to Monterey, but Hawaii would work too.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Yes, and send enough back with Tom that he can share them in California. I need the Cinnamon Roll fix too!

I agree Tom the fair rolls are super. Did you know that Pillsbury makes their "Grands" cinnamon rolls with the Cinnamon used by the people at the fair. They are good too! Now you have me hungry for them.

Daune/CA

Yes they are. I first had them at the Big Fresno Fair about 10 years ago. They are abour 6" long by 3" wide and they have the crusted cinnamon and butter on the bottom. They keep them hot so the cream cheese melts on them a little. They give you a fork, but you have to eat them with your fingers and then lick the sticky off your fingers.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Oh god yeah! I know the ones you mean. They set up in by the county exhibits. OOOHHHHHHHHH! and they melt in your mouth....

But not at the same time. I'm the one that does the laundry. Those of you that work at home -- have you noticed that as soon as you go to put in a load of laundry, a few clients call?!

A guaranteed way to make a client call! I've even used it successfully a couple of times when I've been waiting for a call before I can go out to do some much-needed errand. However, that trick does not work if you bring the cordless phone with you -- you have to be required to go tearing back up the stairs to grab it, breathless, before the answering machine does. Sympathetic magic is rather inconvenient at times! :P

And the fairs around here don't have cinnamon rolls. But they do have fried dough, fresh and hot and covered in powdered sugar. Yum!

Catherine

I made it to ATXaholics!!! Is this my 12-step program?

A guaranteed way to make a client call! I've even used it successfully a couple of times when I've been waiting for a call before I can go out to do some much-needed errand. However, that trick does not work if you bring the cordless phone with you -- you have to be required to go tearing back up the stairs to grab it, breathless, before the answering machine does. Sympathetic magic is rather inconvenient at times! :P

And the fairs around here don't have cinnamon rolls. But they do have fried dough, fresh and hot and covered in powdered sugar. Yum!

Catherine

I made it to ATXaholics!!! Is this my 12-step program?

Congratulations!