ATX Community

NT Sort Of

mcb39

If the software doesn't work out, will you airfreight cinnamon rolls to CT during tax season? I think a standing shipment to arrive every Monday morning while I make my cup of tea.

I ......... LOVE ............. cinnamon rolls ............. yum. yum. yum. Now I have to go finish making my bean soup for dinner. I was really looking forward to bean soup. But it's not cinnamon rolls. I may have to go weep piteously for a little bit first.

Catherine

(sniff)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>>What happened to Jainen....I miss him, because if nobody else will set us straight, he will.<<

No, I won't. I appreciate your kind comment, but you will need to rely on my older posts as Eli does in his 3/15 thread, "Amending from HoH to MFJ." They cover a lot of topics and as you suggest are not always in agreement with the overall tone of this forum.

Hey buddy, I miss you! lbb

Being a RN I have an insite of Doctors "second opinion". It is usually the insurance company that sends the patient for that opinion. AND the insurance company usually selects the doctor for the second opinion. Therefore the second Dr usually agrees with the insurance company that the surgery or treatment does not need to be done. That is why healthcare is so expensive now along with the unneccessary lawsuits. And we complain about healthcare all the time. Dr fees too much etc... well these guys have been through at least 12 years of college and in my area do not make over 250,000 yr salary. Is that worth 12 years of college?????

Sorry for the soap box but medical care is a sore spot as you see I do taxes and Teach the nursing students of now days and DO NOT work in the hospital any longer.

Hehe.. I hit a sore spot.. Sorry guy/gals.

AS for the cinnamon rolls, I make them too much. It got to the point that I had to stop for a while as the kids wouldn't eat them anymore. It's sad that when you make something so yummy and your son asks if you know how to make anything else... 'Why of course I can make something else, I just like these a LOT. What would YOU like me to make?'

Every time I make them I change the recipe or the method a bit to see how it might turn out. This last batch was a hit as I had to fight the kids off so I could keep half the batch for someone. Instead of sugar in the dough itself, I used honey and then I only put half the normal amount of rolls in each pan and let them raise a lot longer. The combination of the honey, extra room and lots of time made for some really soft, melt in your mouth dough, although it seems I didn't put enough brown sugar/cinnamon in between as normally it soaks out the bottom but not this time. Hmm... maybe it's been coming out the bottom from being squeezed out and this time there was enough room not to get squeezed? I wonder. I am going to have to experiment with the next batch to see.

Mel, you are cruel.

Out here in CA, there is a small company that runs the fair circuit in the summer. They make some of the best cinnamon rolls, and they smear a bunch of cream cheese on them and sprinkle them with walnuts. It is the best $6 I spend at the fair every year. And you can watch them make them right through the window of their trailer.

The fair is still so far away, and so is Hawaii.

Hey Mel, if I take my wife to Hawaii for a three day weekend in April, will you make some rolls for us? I am serious. I have to take Patty for a long weekend after tax season for missing our anneversary in March. I was going to take her to Monterey, but Hawaii would work too.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Well smack me silly!!! First I thunk that Mel is a geeky guy good with computers & softeware and such. Then I opine that Mel is a Kitchen babe cooking for her kids.

Finally, I determine that I am a dummy for any & all preconceptions. Mel is a friend that likes to help us.

z

Uh, WELL I AM a geeky GUY/MAN... that also loves to cook. Why? I love helping people and I also love having people enjoy something that I have done for them. Cooking offers the best of both worlds in that I releive them of a chore that most would rather not do and yet I find relaxing and enjoyable, yet also get to watch their faces as they enjoy what I have made.

Um, I am in the process of moving, so I won't be near any tourist places once April comes around (I get on the plane tomorrow). Sorry, I won't be able to visit, but I will be out in the boonies about a hundred miles from the airport busily working away.

Recipes are like directions on how to get somewhere. No two sets are alike, yet they all seem to get you there in the end. I will post my recipe for cinnamon rolls when I need a break from packing, yet it is always morphing so if I post it today and then again in a week, it might have changed. Tom, that wouldn't be a 'Cinnabon' franchise would it? My kids enjoy watching them roll out the dough, but unfortunately theirs has eggs in them so they are off limits. So, after they watch at the mall for a while, we end up talking about making some after we get home.

Hey Tom, are they at the state fair? Do you know? God, I can almost smell them. My roommate likes to bake. So do I but I don't have time. Oh to come home during tax season to homemade cinnamon rolls!

Yes they are. I first had them at the Big Fresno Fair about 10 years ago. They are abour 6" long by 3" wide and they have the crusted cinnamon and butter on the bottom. They keep them hot so the cream cheese melts on them a little. They give you a fork, but you have to eat them with your fingers and then lick the sticky off your fingers.

Tom

Lodi, CA

ok ... this thread is starting to get me excited. All this talk of sweet buns .... and honey..... and kitchen babes, and now someone mentioned drooling all over the keyboard............... golly...... whoa mama!!!

Can we keep this rated PG .. please?? :P

LOL! Yeah, I read this thread several times a day for the imaginary food benefit. Now I'll never get anything done.

You guys are killing me.........................................................

STOP THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love to bake, and my kids adore my yeast rolls and Cinnamon rolls, but I have not had time to bake all YEAR. PLEASE, stop talking about them. It's torture.

You guys are killing me.........................................................

STOP THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love to bake, and my kids adore my yeast rolls and Cinnamon rolls, but I have not had time to bake all YEAR. PLEASE, stop talking about them. It's torture.

I know! It's everywhere!!!! I got my Taste of Home magazine yesterday, and there are recipes in here for "cappuccino cinnamon rolls" AND "petite sticky buns." You better believe I'm makin both on April 16.