ATX Community

New client

Janitor Bob

New client comes in today...simple tax return....done in 30 minutes, pretty decent refund. Client (Darnell) sais "Bob, you is all right....you is a real man-of-the-cloth....granted...its that cloth that you use to wipe oil from the dipstick...but nonetheless...I like you"

and then he gave me a big warm piece of licorice he had kept in his front pocket....I threw it away.

New client comes in today...simple tax return....done in 30 minutes, pretty decent refund. Client (Darnell) sais "Bob, you is all right....you is a real man-of-the-cloth....granted...its that cloth that you use to wipe oil from the dipstick...but nonetheless...I like you"

and then he gave me a big warm piece of licorice he had kept in his front pocket....I threw it away.

This week I was given a box of Godiva Chocolates (Yum!) and then a couple of days later a box of Sees Chocolates!!

I can see I'm not going to loose any weight this tax season.

Taxtrio

I have recieved 3 tequilla bottles over past 2 years from different clients, don't ask me why :-)

You can send it to me if you don't like it. I was a bartender in college and I still make a mean margarita. On a hot day, there is nothing better to cool you off.

It wouldn't happen to be Souza Commemerativo, would it?

Tom

Lodi, CA

I love See's dark chocolates. But then, I love any dark chocolates. Kerry sent me some fantastic ones from Maine last year!

I love the dark chocolate Brandy Beans. You can only buy them in the winter (mail order), and frequently the vendors sell out around Christmas time. I've got two brand new boxes stashed in the freezer.

my new admin asks why i keep my Johnny Blue, Macallan 18 and Glenlivit on my credenza since we have a bar in the conference room. i had to explain that its a subtle hint of my preferneces to the clients that bring me bottles. Of course my staff likes when i get vodka or wine since i mostly pass them out to the staff.

I like Mike's system. I don't get much in the way of tips. Had one guy who always brought something from a bakery. And, flowers one time and personalized post-it notes this year from two different women. Have a colleague who gets lots of bottles. Maybe, it's a male thing. But, I do get all the referrals I can handle, so that's the best tip.

I love the dark chocolate Brandy Beans. You can only buy them in the winter (mail order), and frequently the vendors sell out around Christmas time. I've got two brand new boxes stashed in the freezer.

Those sound wonderful. I've never seen them, but Dinstuhls in Memphis has wonderful dark chocolate brandy cherries. I have not thought about them in years, but now I think I am going to have to make a trip over there!

A gal just picked up her tax return; brought a case of Kraft Macaroni and cheese.; cookies and two cans of coffee. (Of course, it is Sunday). Prior to today, I have gotten gift cards and money so far this year. I never get bottles of anything, but did get a 12 pack of beer once. Add flowers, sticky notes, post-it notes, plants, beet soup (yuk) and all sorts of bakery, candles, pens and odds and ends. I have some pretty creative clients.; and generally do pretty well in the tip department. OH, also have a priest who calls me his angel and prays for me constantly. Who could ask for more than that?

lets have a 4/15 party, yep a bar and we belong to the wine of the month 4 e different winerys on LI, my partner loves wine. its funny to be answering this now, just came to my desk and saw this post. its one of our guys birthdays and we shared a bottle of glenlivit. with his cake. of course our fridge had an ice maker too! Our newest admin hire calls this place animal house! its crazy but lots of fun to work here. [sorry we couldn't use you HV Ken]

Do you have communion wine for your clergy clients?

No, he just talks and I listen.....kind of like reverse confessional. He brings me Kielbasa, Pierogi, raffle tickets to parish events and lots of loving kindness and respect. (Sorry, thought you were addressing my clergy client, but realize now that you are speaking to michael.

That's fine, Marilyn. Always like to hear about generous clergy. And, Mike, I'm on for your party! How about Friday 16 April so I've gotten some sleep before driving to LI. We toured Chamard in Clinton, CT, and tasted and purchased some of their wines. They grow grapes here, but grow most of them on LI; so maybe you have some Chamard wines in your bar.