ATX Community

1040 Express Answers

joanie3444

I received the Master a few weeks ago...but not the the Express answers...I honestly do not expect that until late Feb or March....after half of my returns have already been prepared. Maybe they will drop the "Express" from their title this year...maybe change it to "Thank Congress for Better-late-than-never Answers"

• 2 weeks later...

Mine came a while ago. Does anyone actually use this? When it arrived I threw out the 2011 and noticed it still had the plastic wrap on it.

I use it as well as Quickfinder and if all else fails the MTG. Of course, the first access point is Pub 17, but sometimes you have to dig deeper.

"Anybody receive their 2012 Pub 17 yet? It has been on backorder for ever!"

That's correct! Up to now, I also still haven't received mine, but got a cool feedback -- oh mister, there is still no final version of this publication prepared for printing and even released, let alone be printed! lol

And even more funny was the next answer of the irs lady, about my early online order on pub 1518. I ordered this mid oct and (as advised) patiently wait to receive it in mid jan when I suddenly saw that "the 2013 Wall Tax Calendar is out of stock and will not be reprinted!" And got this -- ...hu, hu ... hmm, okay ... well mister, I am SO sorry there is no way to track your online order :blink: !, but let me see what I can do for you ;) ... I am checking SB/SE site for you but this connection is very ...! .... took my name and address, hold me for a couple of minutes more on the phone and then -- mister, I am very sorry but publication is out of the stock and will not be reprinted! :blush:

I said okay, I can understand your original way of cost cutting but why the heck you just took my name and address!? she sharply said because I wanted to try SB/SE site and make one more online order for you!!! :wall:

No comment ...

By the way which way of order you find more successful?

I have had spotty luck with ordering the calendar not too soon and not too late. This year I ordered online and actually received five. In the years that I was too late, I contacted our friendly, local IRS liaison in CT to see if they had some stockpiled. He knew who did and had me mailed a few! And some years I saw an IRS booth at one of the trade shows I attend, and they had them as handouts!

They used to give them as handouts a Tax Insight classes. This year hardly anything. We used to leave with a plastic bag of goodies. What I REALLY miss are the e-file sheets of stickers. I liked to put one on the cover of the client copy of the return. It was just a nice touch.

• Like 1