ATX Community

12.5 is here

Argo

Really slowed down the CCH server. What used to take only a minute is now over 15 minutes because of all the traffic at this time. hang in there if your connection times out. Try again. I am on my 2nd attempt. I hope later in the day it will be faster.

Took 20 minutes - - I am running a 2 yr old Gateway Vista 4 with 4 g RAM - - and then the install took 5 minutes. Rollover was like 2011 - -speedy

Opening a simple 1 W-2, single return took 3 minutes, but everything appears to be there.

I actually closed the program & the second time I opened the SAVED return - -it took about 30 seconds - - -

Progress!!!!

But - -I have lost 2 weeks - - -$$ and patience - - -I did however - -NOT lose weight - - - :wall:

• Like 1

I'm a new user forced here by major installation problems this year... I'm a computer tech working with an accountant.

In the MyATX download center, is the 177MB AtxSetup.exe the 12.5 installation file? I wish they would add the version in the file name. I see a smaller ATX 12.5 update download, but I can't get the network install to work in the first place.

bmorris,

No, the setup file is the original program. If you look at "ATX 2012 updates" you will find the 12.5 update. There has been lots of talk on the other board about network installations failing, etc. There are several computer techs talking over there about network issues. You might want to check there. I run a standalone computer so I can't help with the network stuff.

https://community.atxinc.com/forums/23/ShowForum.aspx

Just a quick tip in case you guys are not already doing it. Because the server is slow during high traffic time, download during the afternoon and SAVE the file in a folder (not run it and erase it). Then you can copy the update file to a thumb drive and update your secondary computers if you want. You will avoid download it. Also because this is early and the system has not stabilized yet, save the updates to a CD in case you need to go back a level to see what was it doing. This will save you hours of re-downloading and only cost you a DVD or CD. I use re-writable DVD for this stuff.

• Like 1

I updated from the website before the servers got so busy. I can rollover so far without any problem and pretty quick. Printing seems quicker, but lags when loading the forms to print. Depreciation seems accurate.I can start a new return without the program crashing.

I did re-boot the computer after the update was installed.

So far so good for me.

Win 7, 64 bit standalone, 8 mbs. ram.

bmorris,

No, the setup file is the original program. If you look at "ATX 2012 updates" you will find the 12.5 update. There has been lots of talk on the other board about network installations failing, etc. There are several computer techs talking over there about network issues. You might want to check there. I run a standalone computer so I can't help with the network stuff.

https://community.atxinc.com/forums/23/ShowForum.aspx

Thanks grmy2h -- installing the network version will be impossible then since I can't get it to install in the first place with the Network option.

MAS, were you seeing anything happening on your screen? I tried a little while ago and the update screen got down to the downloading program update line and it said downloading 0 of 1 and the bar at the top was 0% complete. Nothing seemed to be happening and pressing the cancel button did nothing. I shut the program down through the task manager.

MAS, were you seeing anything happening on your screen? I tried a little while ago and the update screen got down to the downloading program update line and it said downloading 0 of 1 and the bar at the top was 0% complete. Nothing seemed to be happening and pressing the cancel button did nothing. I shut the program down through the task manager.

Same here, it was at 0% for the longest, I canceled it (just click on the X, hitting close doesn't do anything), then I read you can download the update from ATX website, that is I how manage to download it. I just installed it, opened a couple of test returns, printed one, it's still takes time to open a return, but it kicked me out when I clicked on update forms.

MAS

Update the program by downloading and RUN.

Forms update is working fine within the program.

If you are in a network enviroment you should run Netsetup again.

After update rollover and Program open is a little faster. Opening the return is much better than before. Opening a return is now 1.3 mins while before it was close to 3 mins.

I have it downloaded on two computers now. One to go. I did both through the download center with save and run. Trying to update through the program kept failing this morning. This has been a long day. Program seems OK on both with noticeable increase in speed of rollovers and opening of returns. Between appts and updates; no time to try and work.