ATX Community

Why do my friends already have their refund....

Eli

Already put the phone into "Do not disturb" mode. Next will be "Announce only" so messages can't be left. :spaz:

Changed the doorbell sound to a "knock, knock, knock" so it's not as loud. :ninja:

Sign states "Open, please come in."

Hubby just loves when folks ring the doorbell and immediately open the door. :dunno:

• Like 2

I am going to scream the next time a client rings my office doorbell two and three times in 30 seconds. Apparently they think that I should hurdle my desk and run to the door that quickly. I'm used to little kids doing that, but not adults.

lol

I just had a client call me from the parking lot letting me know she was here. and I looked out the window from the 8th floor watching rain fall on her.

- did she want me to come down and hold her hand or something?

• Like 2

I fired one today before they even got here when she told me that her husband got the $8,000 First time buyer credit, but hadn't lived there in over a year and they didn't intend to pay the credit back. She said that the government couldn't tell them where to live and they were lying on everything and using that address for a mailing address.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a client call me today to tell me they were going to call me tomorrow with some information.

I know! That is hilarious after you get over the urge to reach thru the phone and kill them. LOL. Also, they come in to see if they need to make an appointment. (No, for the past 12 years I've done your return, you have not needed an appointment, now get out, get your crap together, and bring it back.)

Also, what's up with the people bringing their information in batches? Do they really think that we start on their precious return on the date they started bringing crap in rather than the date of the final delivery? And then I give it at least another week before I look at theirs cause I'm so aggravated at them.

• Like 2

I love technology....now clients can mail me stuff, call me (home or cell), text me, e-mail me, facebook message me, and come to my door....and my personal favorite....stop me at the grocery store and hand me some tax papers that they have crumpled up at the bottom of their purse....including the sticky stuff, whatever the hell that is.

I'm ready to go "off the grid" for a while.

• Like 4

I've had a client that text me with "What's up with my check!?!" It's like I could sense the attitude thru the phone! Been doing her taxes for 10 years now and we have always gotten thru whatever problems the IRS has given to get her refund to her. I have explained they are still processing it according to the IRS refund check on computer. Of course the proverbial my friend got hers already and filed after me statement comes up, but again I say I have no idea why that happen but you just have to wait until they send it. He'll I tell them I'm just as concerned because I don't get paid until you do so trust I'm waiting too but I'm not worrying the IRS every freaking day!!! I need a drink and a pill!!! Lol!

• Like 1

I have seen 87 clients so far; have a year when forms aren't ready; software is not dependable and if I get one more call asking if their taxes are done yet, I am sending them to Rita.......

Hahahaha! Send em right on, Marilyn, I have a nice spot to hide the bodies, right here between my TWO computers that can get ONE return out in only twice the time as last year. I got your Rams and Gigs, right here, slackers.

My favorite phrase to hate: "I got a question for you."

• Like 2

I took a break and went to see my mother for half an hour. I was really there to pay her PA sales tax and file away some of her business papers. My SIL saw my car and decided to drop off her tax data...that might be missing some stuff. Oh well, at least she didn't barge in during Sunday dinner at mom's like she's done most other years. :wacko:

• Like 1

Nothing like getting cornered at church by somebody doing their own return, either. But, you know, they can't afford to pay anybody since she quit her job. Too much stress at that job. Not like OUR job. You would think she'd have a little time to Google...

Why Google when they can get the answers from you with little or no work on their part.

I stopped helping the "Do It Yourself" friends and only give them answers to general tax questions. I also just give enough of an answer to get them confused even more.

• Like 1

Oh, and to add to the story about the SIL. She didn't give me the data for one of her son's returns because he's living in NC now and did his own return on Turbo Tax "because it is so easy and all of his friends do theirs that way too". That's fine with me because I suspect he might have qualified for EIC this year, worked in a restaurant starting in April last year. I didn't want to do the return anyway. So I just had to tell her some of the stories of preparers being fined the $500 per return for lack of documentation in due diligence because she's always one to give me a hard time about providing information. She probably asks her doctor or lawyer for free advice at social gatherings too. Oy!

Then I found a 1099 for interest income in my nephew's name mixed in with their other data. I called SIL and told her that he could look forward to receiving a notice and possibly have an amount owed back to Uncle Sam. I'm glad she told me how easy his return was.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite phrase to hate: "I got a question for you."

I work 10 - 12 hours per day seven days a week during tax season. So speaking of favorite phrases, the next person who tells me to have a nice weekend is going to get shot.

• Like 3