ATX Community

ATX email

grandmabee

Hey back at you Joan. I installed 11 when it hit the web and it seems to have stabilized the program some more. I had been experiencing issues with fixed assets before 11 but those seem to have resolved. I am no longer holding my breath when I click on or work within that tab. As to the program over all, I opened, worked on, e-filed, or extended via efile just under 100 corporate returns over a 3 day period at 16 hours per day. And virtually all of those had fixed assets and at least two states. I would be lying if I said I had no crashes. But I can count on one hand the number and I attribute those to my older memory depleted workstation and my lack of attention to when it needed a re-boot. I use that three day period as my water mark when I say I believe ATX is back. I would like the newly rolled over returns to build and open faster, but that issue will not be a deal breaker for me. But yes, in my opinion 11 is better than 10. Can I say the program is faster? I would have to say yes. And printing is better and faster.

I got that e-mail too. I, like Joan, have not updated to 11. I wasn't having many problems until the past few days when I have been starting to freeze and crash. Of course, the returns are getting more complex, but that shouldn't matter with 16 G Ram. Do you think it would be advantageous for me to update? After all the fire and brimstone on the other board in regard to 12.11, I was afraid to go there. Anyone?

Yes!!

Does 12.11 fix the completed box problems? that is driving me nuts I like to look and see how many I have left.

Not before it unchecks them all one last time apparently! Plus every bit of Accts Rec Tab (Date billed, Amount, and Check no) is gone for every return prior to 12.09.

Should've stayed with 09.

Jim

I updated a few days after it came out. I immediately had an issue with one of the workstations not working at all (panic attack!) but I was able to get it back without a lot of difficulty. Since then, I can't say that I have noticed much difference. The completed box may work but since I have not had time to go back and try to mark all the ones that I lost I can't really say. I just still feel like I am working through molasses. Particularly on a complex return, I have to stop and wait for the computer to catch up on input, and loading takes forever!

Ron:

Glad to hear that 12.11 is working in your enviornment. 8-9 users in a server-client system....

I think we all got the email, now, becasue many of us are afraid to switch...

If you are getting work done in 12.9 or 12.10, why go to 12.11 when the other upgrades blew everything up?

I have stayed at 12.10, becasue I am getting stuff DONE. And I do not want to interrupt that...

Rich

• Like 1

Updated to 12.11 right after it came out. Ran the utility to fix the return manager & its completed boxes. Peer-to-peer network with server & two workstations. No problems here. It even fixed the depreciation schedules so they are printing at the end of the return and not in the middle of the return.

So for those of you who do not use the complete and incomplete checked boxes. How do you sort your return manager? If they all stay there it takes forever to look for a return. Plus I like to see the number go down of how many to do yet

Now it shows I have 37 returns complete. I don't know how that figure came to stick

So for those of you who do not use the complete and incomplete checked boxes. How do you sort your return manager? If they all stay there it takes forever to look for a return. Plus I like to see the number go down of how many to do yet

Now it shows I have 37 returns complete. I don't know how that figure came to stick

I filter by typing the first few letters of the name or use the scroll bar. All of those in the return manager are either done, extended, or being worked on. I do not roll over returns until I am ready to work on them. If I want to know how many I have left to do, i can look at the sign in list which includes date of arrival, date of completion, and date of release. OR, I could just get out of my seat and go to the work in process room and see the huge pile of stuff yet to do. At last count this morning, there were 117 returns sitting in house yet to be started.

Since I have never had an issue with boxes unchecking or speed, I am still undecided. The only odd thing I have noticed in the last few days is complex returns freezing and crashing. I have decided to shut down and reboot every day at noon and see if that helps. I also found out that you have to delete the return before you can restore it, so that is another panic attack gone; just until the next quirk comes along.

So for those of you who do not use the complete and incomplete checked boxes. How do you sort your return manager? If they all stay there it takes forever to look for a return. Plus I like to see the number go down of how many to do yet.

In Return Manager, I enter the first few letters of the name in the "Find" box to find a return. I don't rollover till I am about to do a return. To see how many I have left, I count how many are in the stack(s). I don't count anybody who hasn't been thru the door yet.

OK, pretty much what Ron said. I am a slow typist.

so you stil have to run the utility fix the checked boxes?

I tried to run it last night but couldn't get it to work

Yes, I ran the utility on the server and on the workstations. I seem to recall that I got a dialogue box asking me where the files were, and as I tried to find where the files were, the utility ran and then told me all was well.