ATX Community

NT- Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow:)

joans

1/2 hour drive took 45 min. Almost had to sleep at the end of our 1000 ft driveway. Drifted shut. Just love 4-wheel drive. Plus snow blower was under a tarp and the tarp was froze to the ground. So I said poo on it, went in, made a cranberry old fashion and snuggled with daughter:)

Sure - rub it in:) We will be there in say 4-5 months:) Then we have it for 2-3 months and then back to cold weather:) They always say the weather forcast in WI is 9 Months of Winter and 3 months of road construction:)

Sara :P

Naughty, Naughty!!!! Glad you made it home OK. I need you to bounce things off of. Have a great day. Sun is shining! Tax Returns are piling up just like the snow banks. :D

It's snowing here in WNY today too. We had 2 days with 40ish degree weather. People were wearing shorts and flip flops! Now - were back to 13 and snow flakes in the air.

My girlfriend just sent me this poem this morning:

IT'S WINTER IN NEW YORK

AND THE GENTLE BREEZES BLOW

SEVENTY MILES PER HOUR

AT THIRTY FIVE BELOW.

OH, HOW I LOVE NEW YORK

WHEN THE SNOW'S UP TO YOUR BUTT

YOU TAKE A BREATH OF WINTER

AND YOUR NOSE GETS FROZEN SHUT

YES, THE WEATHER HERE IS WONDERFUL

SO I GUESS I'LL HANG AROUND

I COULD NEVER LEAVE NEW YORK

MY BUTT IS FROZEN TO THE GROUND

Looks like we're likely to get some of the white stuff here in Charlotte, NC over the weekend. Some predictions say up to 4-6 inches. That's guaranteed to shut virtually everything down for a day or two.

Snow in the South can be very entertaining if you enjoy watching people do really dumb stuff behind the wheel.

My friends here in OH think I'm crazy, but I miss WI winters!! My cousin's granddaughter called the other day and told me she had driven to Sheboygan from Green Bay between two storms to pick up her grandma....who is 88 and had shoveled out her driveway!!!

AnnieR

We had gorgeous weather on Tues and Wed (not that I would know). Storm started late Thurs afternoon. We plowed out yesterday AM and came 100 miles North and plowed out again. Last night we had -22 degrees. Go figure. Sunshine today and more snow tomorrow. But, Annie, you are right. I think it is all worth our wonderful Spring, Summer and Fall!

You gotta love NC for variety in weather.

They're predicting 3-5 inches of snow tonight (Sunday), overnight temps down to 27 tonight and 17 tomorrow night, with highs in the mid-30's.

Tuesday & Wednesday clear and mild with highs in the 40's.

Thursday warmer, & Friday highs up to 65.

Looks like I'll get to wear my snow boots and my sandals this week.

If you don't like the weather in NC, just wait a few minutes.

Here in New Jersey, they are predicting 5-9 inches starting later today. Everytime they predict a large amount we get a dusting. So it will be a wait and see. Maybe I will have some clients cancel. Maybe I can clean my home, that's what is nice about a home office (at least I think) but who wants to clean.

Well it's snowing here now, and we seem to be in the area predicted to have the most snow at 8-12" tonight, and another 1-2" tomorrow with blowing winds. Earlier this week it was warm here, I think at least mid 50's or more. Tomorrow night is supposed to be a low of 12. Ugh!

I've just come in from shoveling a place for the little dogs to potty. I'm planning a 2-3am trip to Mom's to do the same for her little dog, then again after breakfast, but that will be hiking on foot. Husband is taking my 4-wh drive to work. Luckily, she only lives down & around the corner, but about 1/3 mile each way.

Lots of fun for me tomorrow. I also expect to have power blips because of the winds. Must be a branch or some loose connection down the line from me. It happens every time we have strong gusting winds.

It's still snowing here. Not as deep as predicted -- yet -- but blowing around. I too get power outages on blustery days and lose my internet and telephone, also. The perils of a home office out in the boonies. And, my husband the school teacher is home and constantly walking into my office while talking about whatever he just read on-line. He's thinking a delay on Tuesday. Oh goody!

It's still snowing here. Not as deep as predicted -- yet -- but blowing around. I too get power outages on blustery days and lose my internet and telephone, also. The perils of a home office out in the boonies. And, my husband the school teacher is home and constantly walking into my office while talking about whatever he just read on-line. He's thinking a delay on Tuesday. Oh goody!

It's still snowing lightly here. We had 15" and spent a couple hours shoveling out. My daughter had the day off school and my husband took off a half-day so he could help with the snow removal.

This spring, I'm pulling out a big round yew that is horribly in the way of where we really _need_ to be able to pile snow from the driveway. It's not a particularly nice shrub, and it sure is in the wrong place.

Catherine