ATX Community

Received ATX Max program today ordered thru TRX

GeneInAlabama

Received the program this morning via FedEx. Haven't had time to load it yet. I wasn't expecting it this early.

I did as well; FedEx dropped it off about an hour ago. It's the standard ATX; nothing says TRX about it at all. I haven't loaded it yet and probably won't until Friday at the earliest. I have total tax office (first time for more than Max) and we'll see how it goes.

Catherine

Last spring, just after tax season, several folks were considering using the TRX product anticipating the demise of ATX software and/or service. TRX was selling TaxWise rebranded as TRX-TW and began selling ATX, too. Quite a few of us, after many assurances that the product would be the REAL ATX, availed ourselves of the offers at a substantial discount.

Subsequently, CCH stepped in and cut off the supply to TRX but honored those already sold. We fortunate folks who risked our cash on the barrelhead then appear to be really lucky. We have the product we really wanted (ATX) at the price we wanted to pay. But I think many of us were prepared to order ATX without the discount if dissatisfied with what TRX provided. Now CCH is providing the service and it appears as though we are being treated as CCH/ATX customers. We'll see.

I doubt this will happen again but think that TRX is developing inhouse a product for next year. Much of the discussion occurred in April and May. When I searched for my posts then, it looks as if they have been deleted; maybe too old or too boring! Anyway, this is the gist of it.

Much of the discussion occurred in April and May. When I searched for my posts then, it looks as if they have been deleted; maybe too old or too boring!

Posts about tax software boring?! Never!

The posts are still there. I found the threads using the Advanced Search option to get all posts made by you between April 1, 2009 and May 31, 2009.

Here are links:

And that, Eric, is why you get the big bucks! I did try the search stuff but could only find things back to May 9. Guess I did it incorrectly but am so glad you came through. So what did you use for search words? TRX didn't work. When I tried clicking on my name to search for all my posts, that didn't work.

Hmmm, between my aged eyes, creaky knees, and ineptitude with searching, perhaps it's time to call it at least a day. Thanks for your help, again, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

And that, Eric, is why you get the big bucks! I did try the search stuff but could only find things back to May 9. Guess I did it incorrectly but am so glad you came through. So what did you use for search words? TRX didn't work. When I tried clicking on my name to search for all my posts, that didn't work.

Hmmm, between my aged eyes, creaky knees, and ineptitude with searching, perhaps it's time to call it at least a day. Thanks for your help, again, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

If it weren't for that pesky four letter search term requirement, I would have searched for "TRX".

Instead I didn't use any search terms at all. The search returned ALL of your posts from that time period, and I quickly skimmed the topic titles for anything relating to TRX.

Advanced Search is here:

http://www.atxcommunity.com/index.php?app=core&module=search

I typed Margaret in the box for Author, and used the date range boxes to limit the time frame of the results.

Now if they'd just refund my money, I'd be happy. I "joined" on April 9, called and verified, all the good stuff. When I called again in October, they couldn't find my order, somebody screwed up and I cannot get ATX through them, even though I have proof that I "enrolled" in April. So, I have to buy it through ATX, but TRX still hasn't refunded the money I paid. They admitted that whoever was taking care of the payments through paypal had some problems entering it in their data base. Of course, that was from just one of the many that I have talked to. Now they're not returning my calls.

AnnieR

So glad I looked at the board. I went & checked my back door which I didn't use today - came in through the garage. There was the package between my doors. Yay. First time for TTO for me as well. Anxious to get a look at it - but it will wait until Friday. Happy Thanksgiving all!

Wendy

Got it. FedEx delivered to my father's house on the same property. Now I feel a little bit better that I got it. All I have to do is get rid of this cold or flu that I have. The headaches are killing and for me to take tylenol it must be bad. I rarely take any meds. Well I do have something to be thankful for, the Atx program.

I am glad to see you guys got what we promised at TRX. Unfortunately you are correct unless something changes we will never offer ATX again. However with your help we can comtinue to develope our own TRX product with the look and feel you guys are used to or what you would like it to looke and feel like.

Doug Hughes

President TRX

I totally agree! I have evaluated your in house program in the last two weeks so that I can make a decision after April 15 as to stay with TRX (I was one who signed up for the ATX program which I received this week). I guess I am too old to think other than how I did tax returns manually to not want to use a forms oriented program. I know where things are supposed to go on the tax return and like to be able to go to each line and input the appropriate data then proceed to the next entry. As it stands now, with the TRX program being menu driven I will be returning to ATX for 2010 returns.

I totally agree! I have evaluated your in house program in the last two weeks so that I can make a decision after April 15 as to stay with TRX (I was one who signed up for the ATX program which I received this week). I guess I am too old to think other than how I did tax returns manually to not want to use a forms oriented program. I know where things are supposed to go on the tax return and like to be able to go to each line and input the appropriate data then proceed to the next entry. As it stands now, with the TRX program being menu driven I will be returning to ATX for 2010 returns.

I am actually going to create a new User Interface that will be totally forms driven for you guys to use next year with our current software instead of ATX. If there are other things that I need to do please let me know ASAP or I will not be able to get it developed in time for next year.

Doug Hughes

TRX President

• 2 weeks later...