ATX Community

ATX renewal offer?

MontanaEA

Just curious - has anyone received a renewal offer (early-bird discount) from ATX yet? I ordered the program thru TRX last year and thought maybe that's why I haven't heard anything from ATX?

Nothing has crossed my desk as far as I can tell with all these piles of paper. I believe it was April last year before I saw the first offer to renew early.

DougO

I concur. THE thing that would cause me to change software suppliers would be a sales offer or a sales call in the heat of the battle. I can not imagine ATX would send out a renewal offer before April 15th. If I would get one before then, it would find itself in the round file in a new york second.

Have you noticed any difference in product or support or anything else between TRX and ATX direct?

I received my program from TRX and early on I had a problem accessing MYATX website. I called TRX who referred me to ATX who said TRX hadn't forwarded any info on me to them, however by this time I had already received my program.

To make a long story short, it took a couple of calls and a few e-mails (I actually discovered the problem. While everyone else kept their old ATX account numbers, for some reason I was issued a new number, so when I would try to log in with my old number it didn't recognize me, finally I set up a new account and I could then access the site, however I had limited access and most of my customer info was wrong.) A few more calls, and e-mails we were able to merge the two accounts together. I retained my old account number with all my history.

I have to say I was not overly impressed with TRX's desire to help on this, but ATX was extremely helpful in getting this resolved. I'm very pleased overall with ATX customer support this year.

Deb!

I switched to TRX with ATX and have experienced no problems whatsoever with support, such as it has become since CCH takeover. My account number and MyATX access stayed the same. Except for the mailing I received to renew, I have had zero contact with TRX. Chances are pretty good I will return to ATX but we'll see the cost for MAX.

Received this in my email today:

Dear Valued ATX Customer,

As we head into the busy weeks leading up to April 15th, we want to take a few minutes to say thank you for your business this year. We wish you the best as you conclude what we hope has been a successful tax season.

We also look forward to working with you in the future. Watch for your 2010 renewal notice in the mail around April 15th and your e-mail renewal notice around April 19th. This is a little later than in years past so that you can finish up the season without any unnecessary interruption from us.

Again, thank you for being an ATX customer. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and help you grow your business.

Sincerely,

Jeff Gramlich, CPA, CITP

President

CCH Small Firm Services,

a Wolters Kluwer business

Maybe I am a little skeptical, but after seeing "Asset History" disappear from 4562 detail, I am wondering what else they will quietly omit from next year's program and not tell us until we just happen not to find it!

As far as the program AND tech support this year, I am very happy with both.

No e-mail offer yet from ATX. But I just got an e-mail from TRX with a video to show me how to file an extension............

Dear Jack,

The current year tax filing season is quickly drawing to a close, which means for some clients extensions and amendments to their returns are going to be filed. In order to assist you these final weeks we have put together a couple of quick videos for you to review demonstrating how to file those two types of returns.

Please click on the link corresponding to you software option to review the steps for each filing status.

As always if you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us at 866-829-9777 or via our website, www.trxpro.com

Thank you,

TRX Customer Relations

Taxwise file an extension - http://www.trxprotws...gVideos/FinalTW extention/FinalTW extention.html

Taxwise file an amendment - http://www.trxprotws...Wamendment.html

Taxworks file an extension - http://www.trxprotws...ideos/Final1040 ext/Final1040 ext.html

Taxworks file an amendment - http://www.trxprotws...0amendment.html

Notice nothing about ATX? I posted this for the benefit of all the experienced preparers here that need this training!!

biggrin.gif read.gif

That is because you ONLY use the 8879 when the client owes and you are having the extension payment deducted with a direct debit. Essentially you get the signature as proof of the client authorizing the debit. This is in the instructions for the 8879, which MontanaEA was kind enough to point out to those of us who had not bothered to read them!