ATX Community

2010 ATX Tax Program

MargaretMort

I finally ended up getting a Dell XPS 8100 with the quad core. I was going to have one built, but I lost faith in the small company that I was going to use when I took my son's computer there to have it fixed and it came back without a sound card that suddenly became defective and was not there to give back to me. I didn't have time to screw around and look for someone to build it. I ordered it from Dell.

Same here. The TRX deal was to good to pass up. We'll just have to wait and see if they hold up their end of the deal. I felt it was worth taking a chance on.

Did you receive the CD along with the blue book? I only received the blue book and I wonder if the CD was lost.

I received the blue book-ATX User guide for tax year 2010--the software for tax prep and another disc that says Tax Season Essentials, plus some small papers. I haven't installed or read any of it yet. Go to tax class Monday and will probably feel the need to get everything up to speed after that. MM

Note that the second disk you received is something new thats not even addressed in the new ATX User Guid for 2010, nor were there any instructions on just how this should be handled - as usual for ATX in regards to instructions. I went to the other board (ATX)and Kimmie1201 of CCH Small Firm Services entered a post of 11/30/10 providing essential data and instructions on the second disk. I don't know why ATX didn't send a letter or email to everyone that ordered their programs with this explanation as not everyone belongs to their board. This second CD is for installing Microsoft Net 3.5? whatever that is. They say that during installation if a prompt comes up that says "Net Framework 3.5 or higher is required for this installation" then you must follow other instructions. I've installed my ATX program and never saw any mention of this. I hope it works. I understand that theres also a problem in which the preparer and ERO are not rolling over properly. I think you have to go to the preparers tab and reenter EVERYTHING as we originally had to do. After you complete this, then go to Prefernces and complete the Preparer & ERO data.

I did receive an e-mail from them. Also, the instructions were posted on the MyATX website, to which Eric has so kindly provided a link above. Why is everyone in such a hurry to find fault.? We all know that many of the tax laws are not even finalized yet. How could we expect to have other than "Draft" forms.?

I don't think anyone is pointg fingers. However, when you pay $1200.00 or more for a product it would be nice if that product worked and came with complete instructions.

I didn't think that anyone was "pointing fingers". Obviously, there were some errors in shipment of disks. I, personally, was surprised to see the User Guide this year. I believe one person did state that their envelope had gotten torn in transit. I loaded mine last night without a problem. As I said, the possible need for the second disk was clarified on both the ATX HOme Page and the ATX Community Forum. I would think that they would get out replacement disks asap to those who didn't receive them. I believe there are issues every year with disks that are warped or won't install correctly. This is very early to have anything at all.

I didn't think that anyone was "pointing fingers". Obviously, there were some errors in shipment of disks. I, personally, was surprised to see the User Guide this year. I believe one person did state that their envelope had gotten torn in transit. I loaded mine last night without a problem. As I said, the possible need for the second disk was clarified on both the ATX HOme Page and the ATX Community Forum. I would think that they would get out replacement disks asap to those who didn't receive them. I believe there are issues every year with disks that are warped or won't install correctly. This is very early to have anything at all.

I received two disks today. One was the one I ordered with the installation code. The other one was one ATX sent to me since I had not ordered yet this year and they wanted me to have it just in case I did decide to order later.