ATX Community

NT-Wonderful News ALMOST

kcjenkins

Thank you all. Waiting now for the Doc to come and give us the go-no go decision. Expect it will be go.

On a lighter note, this is a hilarious short video. Funny how people just have to press that button!

http://www.tvkim.com/watch/1909/kims-picks-push-to-add-drama?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=notd&utm_content=2012-04-20-fifl&utm_campaign=s

• Like 1

Finally got home late afternoon yesterday. Wonderful to be able to sleep in a real bed, although I now have to clean out the fridge, as everything in it is a month old. HOWEVER, just had to call 911 for some strong men to lift him off the floor after he tried to move from the recliner to the wheelchair without my help, and ended up sliding out on to the floor. My love is nothing if not stubborn, and he thought since he got from the bed to the wheelchair alone, he could do it again. But while I had placed his chair carefully by the bed, to get him into the bed, and not moved it [my mistake] he was able to do that. But he then moved from the wheelchair to the recliner a bit awkwardly, and so his chair was a bit too far away when he decided that he did not need to call me from the kitchen to get back into the chair. By the time I knew he was in trouble, he had slid too far for little old me to be able to get him back up. He's unhurt, but embarrassed. And I've moved the chair across the room from the bed, now that I have him back in it.

When I was in the hospital after open heart surgery 3 years ago, I fell out of the bed while still hooked up to all kinds of tubes in trying to reach something on the table beside the bed. I told the nurses that I was just checking them out to see how alert they were and that I would give them a good recommendation to the CEO. Maybe Don was just checking you out to see how alert you are.

And if you have neighbors with strong arms you are on good terms with, it might be nice to keep their numbers handy. When my mum was too weak to get out of the car, and my dad was too weak to help her, the neighbor's high school football playing sons saved the day. And it saves on any EMT charges.

• 2 weeks later...