ATX Community

2012 ATX

michaelmars

I did get it. I was supposed to get the info about when and where earlier in the week so I could go to Chicago. I received it at 11:45 AM today!! Here is the e-mail.... They finally scrapped the Acess97 database and that allows all these other functions!! Excited, but still skeptical. They have been promising this since 2007.

Today, we are proud to introduce ATX 2012, the latest version of our

industry-leading tax preparation software. This release is the culmination of a development process which involved you, our customers, more than ever before. ATX 2012 delivers many of the enhancements that you suggested, but retains the ATX user experience you are already comfortable with.

Among the 2012 enhancements included in ATX 2012:

• Expanded preparer customization
  • The ability to open multiple returns
  • Enhanced client communications
  • Advanced print functionality

You will be hearing a lot more about ATX 2012 in the weeks and months to come as we lead up to our regular release of the software in November. In the meantime, if you are in the Chicago area today, I personally want to invite you to stop by our booth(#1310) at the Flagg Midwest Accounting Show for a live demo of ATX 2012. If you can't stop by for a demo, you can view our pre-recorded video of ATX 2012 by clicking /0/"]here.

ICE_jeffs_sig.png

Jeff Gramlich

President, CCH Small Firm Services

The ability to open multiple returns will be huge to those of us who work alone and have only one screen. I don't know how many times I have had to close down the return I was working on in order to reference another one. Add this to a new faster computer and I will save a lot of time.

• Like 1

The ability to open multiple returns will be huge to those of us who work alone and have only one screen. I don't know how many times I have had to close down the return I was working on in order to reference another one. Add this to a new faster computer and I will save a lot of time.

Those of us in Ohio who do a ton of MFS love the idea! Now I can see both current returns at the same time! Even with multiple screens, two in the same year was not possible!!

• Like 1

More mistakes will be made by tax preparers if multiple returns are opened.

When I open the previous year just to see how the return looked like, I end up working on the previous year return. Sometimes I realize that I was working on the wrong year when I am ready to efile. Most of the time I blame the stupid computer system.... I don't explain to my clients that a computer system includes the idiot behind the keyboard.

• Like 1

More mistakes will be made by tax preparers if multiple returns are opened.

When I open the previous year just to see how the return looked like, I end up working on the previous year return. Sometimes I realize that I was working on the wrong year when I am ready to efile. Most of the time I blame the stupid computer system.... I don't explain to my clients that a computer system includes the idiot behind the keyboard.

With dual screens, you will never have that problem. I will NEVER go back to a single monitor!!

• Like 1

I have had current on my middle monitor with prior on the left so they appear chronologically. When possible, I open the .pdf of the prior year to look at it. Sometimes I need to open the prior year software to see how I did something, where I entered it; but I close it as soon as possible.

• Like 1

That would be me, too. Sometimes when it is loading, I may be typing something elsewhere and suddenly the first name on a completed return has changed (wish they would fix that!). But I always know it won't stay. I occasionally my change some factors in the Planning, print the change, then close, but not save. I like that feature - quicker than duplicating when unnecessary.

• Like 3

Sounds like there could be some substantial improvements -- plus fixing some long-standing aggravations (that print non-manager!).

Add me to the list of those who will never go back to a single monitor as well, and to the list of those who prefer to work with the pdf of the prior-year when at all possible.

Pacun -- your recitation of prior-year work woes reminded me that, in target shooting, any silly headed mistake is blamed on the "loose nut behind the trigger." Although the very best excuse I ever heard was from years ago; a man who was one OK-ish shot (8 or better) away from the National Championship clutched and shot a 4. When his friends asked what on earth had happened (he _never_ clutched), he responded, "My arches fell." ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Well, with the same-sex couple returns I'm doing, having both parties individual returns open at the same time is a godsend!

Now if they include a way I can efile the damn things with split withholding, I'll be in heaven.

I'm a two monitor person too. If I clean up my desk, maybe I can fit in three.

how do you use more than one monitor? I have two good monitors and I would love to use both, but only use one because I have no idea how to hook up two....do I need some type of adapter?

You just need a video card that supports multiples. Most laptops will support the screen and one monitor. Newer midline or higher desktops will have two video connections.

A different video card with enough connections for however many monitors you want can be added to almost all desktops. Windows XP and Windows 7 will detect the number of monitors connected and allow you to configure them as you want.

Check your computer to see if it has dual connectors, if it does, you just plug them both in. The puter will have what it needs to recognize them both.

If it does not, go to Best Buy or such, and get them to show you the adapters and they wil be able to show you exactly how to adapt your current computer for dual monitors, I promise you, once you try them, you will never want to be without them. Dual monitors make things so much easier to do lots of things. And SO VERY MUCH FASTER, when you don't have to be jumping from window to window, etc.

depend on your machine, newer puters have multiple inputs for multiple monitors. i have 2 ports so i have a split adapter on one of them to allow 3 and since its a laptop i also have the laptop screen availble. i would perfer 4 full size monitors though. sort of makes you feel like you are at nasa.

Be sure to turn one vertical for wiewing the whole page...