ATX Community

Beta Tester - Redux

Jack from Ohio

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack, did you test in a network environment? If so, I'd be interested in how that went, and what type of network you tested. I'm setting up a peer-to-peer most likely. I was told that option was going to be available again for 2013.

Joan, I have been on a peer to peer for ten years and it was available but difficult last year!! In my opinion that is why they had the 3rd party technical help company advertised. I signed up for one month and quit as they could not answer calls and provide help due to overload. We never had good speed at all, constantly slow and crashing.

Jerry

When I started the beta, the ATX person I worked with said that they had actually shut off peer-to-peer because of different businesses 'sharing' software. In other words, two or three separate businesses would buy only one copy. He said they realized that shutting down the option wasn't going to work and it would be available for 2013. In setup, there was a peer-to-peer option, but since my network isn't set up yet, I couldn't test it. My assistant's girlfriend is a professional network whiz, and will set it up after 10/15...also giving my assistant the option to work remotely from the Bay Area where said girlfriend lives and my assistant wants to move. She's so valuable, I don't want to lose her!

When I started the beta, the ATX person I worked with said that they had actually shut off peer-to-peer because of different businesses 'sharing' software. In other words, two or three separate businesses would buy only one copy. He said they realized that shutting down the option wasn't going to work and it would be available for 2013. In setup, there was a peer-to-peer option, but since my network isn't set up yet, I couldn't test it. My assistant's girlfriend is a professional network whiz, and will set it up after 10/15...also giving my assistant the option to work remotely from the Bay Area where said girlfriend lives and my assistant wants to move. She's so valuable, I don't want to lose her!

The 2013 program does away with the need for Peer to Peer setup. The installation program and entire program engine are different.

If anyone is interested in my recommendations AFTER I finish the next phase of my testing, please send me a message and I will gladly share with you.

There will be a few members here I will not respond to.

I will not be posting them publicly.

I'd love to hear what you have to say. [email protected] Sorry if you get caught by my spam blocker. I'll probably find it the next morning.