ATX Community

What state do you live in?

Jack from Ohio

Yep, me and my instructor in my first jump. It was my stepdaughter's third and my son's first. I was supposed to be celebrating my 65th birthday, but a couple of literal rain checks and scheduling the three of us working folks meant I was past 66 by the time we jumped in October. It was cold with the wind rushing past at 115-120 miles/hour; next time I'm wearing ear plugs and a stocking cap! I think this place (Connecticut Parachutists in Ellington, CT) closed in November for the winter. My stepdaughter's birthday present to me was the videographer who jumped with me and recorded it all, from suiting up with my kids to the smiles afterward:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKxp9APHBVw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Like 3

I've removed the "Location" profile field and put in place one for "State" which is a drop-down where you have to choose a state abbreviation. It is a required profile field and must be filled in for new member registrations. Making it a drop-down field instead of a free text box will make it much easier (and more reliable) to search in the Member profiles.

Please click here to edit your profile information. Select your state near the bottom of the page.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...