ATX Community

What state do you live in?

Jack from Ohio

With so much diversity in State taxes, it would be helpful if everyone told what state they live in. That way, we can direct questions about a particular state tax problem to the professionals that live there.

Of course, I am from Ohio. GO BUCS!!!

EDIT by Eric:

I hope Jack doesn't mine me using his post to get the word out

I've removed the "Location" profile field and put in place one for "State" which is a drop-down where you have to choose a state abbreviation. It is a required profile field and must be filled in for new member registrations. Making it a drop-down field instead of a free text box will make it much easier (and more reliable) to search in the Member profiles.

Please click here to edit your profile information. Select your state near the bottom of the page.

Edited by Eric
Added informatoin

John, that might be a good idea. The general search function doesn't include details included in user names or signature lines, but it is possible to apply a filter when searching specifically within the member list. For example, I could filter for members only having "NC" in the name and I would find you and some other NC preparers.

KC, the search does work with less than 4 letters in the member section. Here's how:

Click on "Members" just below the forum title. That opens a box that has a button at the righthand side "More Search Options" that brings up a more detailed box where filters can be applied. I can choose to search for a member whose name contains , for example "NC" or "CPA". From the filter dropdown, choose "contains" and enter "CPA" and then scroll to the bottom of that page and click "Apply Filters". This filtering does work with less than 4 letters. Try it and see.

Of course, searching for something like "OH" would also bring up anyone that had that in their name, like "Johnson" for example.