ATX Community

NT- I needed one of these....

Jack from Ohio

I took one on Monday, but it is worn off. Just had to thank my husband this morning for all the help and support that he has been this year. He doesn't know how to turn on a computer, but he sure is good with a broom and a shovel. Not complaining about erratic meals is the really biggee.

• Like 6

I had sort of a time out yesterday because I had three clients in here picking up who apparently needed to chat, I mean spill their guts, with somebody. I was completely worn to a frazzle from this nodding and listening and not saying anything. But, evidently, that's what they all needed. When it got quiet in here, I just looked around, told myself, "I'll think about this tomorrow. After all tomorrow is another day," got my purse, went home, ate Bojangles chicken like there was no tomorrow. But there was, so I'm back.

• Like 4

I'm going to have a forced break starting in about an hour. My BFF is coming over to have her return prepared while she goes over to town to pick up some supplements for her horse. This is the one return I do as a waiter. I only see my BFF about twice a year now and told her no time for a visit. That means she'll only stay about 2 hours. I think I'll go make some chocolate muffins and put on a fresh pot of coffee for us. :)

• Like 4

I had sort of a time out yesterday because I had three clients in here picking up who apparently needed to chat, I mean spill their guts, with somebody. I was completely worn to a frazzle from this nodding and listening and not saying anything. But, evidently, that's what they all needed. When it got quiet in here, I just looked around, told myself, "I'll think about this tomorrow. After all tomorrow is another day," got my purse, went home, ate Bojangles chicken like there was no tomorrow. But there was, so I'm back.

We always joke about creating a two-sided sign. One side says tax preparation, and the other side says counseling. Somewhere during the appointment, it is obvious when it is the right time to flip it over. The worst part is, they would object profusely to paying $150/hour for accounting time, but wouldn't think twice about paying $150/hour for counseling....

• Like 5

We always joke about creating a two-sided sign. One side says tax preparation, and the other side says counseling. Somewhere during the appointment, it is obvious when it is the right time to flip it over. The worst part is, they would object profusely to paying $150/hour for accounting time, but wouldn't think twice about paying $150/hour for counseling....

And I have had clients tell me, "I've told you things I haven't even told my therapist!"

• Like 3

I had one woman tell me stuff about her husband that almost made me vomit and it's not even like we were remotely close.I needed a therapist after hearing all of her issues.Then she stiffed me and didn't pick up her corporate taxes. She wanted to come back last year after being gone five years, but I told her I was too busy.

• Like 2

I get the husband/wife having different views of money/savings/taxes/etc. issues. But, I get a lot of family issues, especially when dealing with estates and trusts, and children issues and sometimes it amazes me what all from clients. Even my husband realizes from what clients tell him about what they tell me (he's retired and does some deliveries for me) that I spend a lot of time listening, counseling, doing therapy, building relationships that go much farther than just tax preparer. We're not supposed to practice law without a license, but what about psychology?! Even my psychologist client will start talking about his ex or his sons or.... I have a lower rate for off-season bookkeeping; maybe I need a higher rate for in-season counseling!