ATX Community

ATX software

tinyfeet

I'm new to this forum. Just wondering if everyone is happy with the 2013 ATX tax software. I had used ATX over 9 years, but when they had the issues in the 2012 tax year, I went with another vendor. I'm really on the fence, and would probably come back to ATX as long as the issues are fixed. I'm running a computer with Windows 8, if that has any bearing on answers given. Even though I'm a newby to this forum (never knew it even existed until ATX had their issues), I would sincerely appreciate any assistance/advise you would give me.

Thanks, and have a great day.

I have predicted that people will come back in 2015 but I think they will come back in 2014. Yes, the product is excellent and you should come back at on April 16. Just call the help desk and ask for a free copy of the 2013 software and I think they will ship it to you. Then in November purchase the software.

I have had no issues whatsover this year and the program is very robust from the shelf.

• Like 1

If you are using a stand alone computer, there are no or very few minor issues. The program has performed beautifully for me this year. I am really happy that I stayed. I cannot speak for those who are networked. Good Luck with whatever you decide to do and welcome to the board.

Windows 7, stand alone, sit alone, whatever it takes. I am very happy I renewed. They should have cut us a deal, but I'm still happy. (Except for very little rants here and there because they can't fit the "R" in "ROLLOVER" in that space that's plenty big.) Nothing stressful this year. Very happy.

I switched too last year after almost 8 years with atx. I see a lot of issues still posted on the official board but much less than last year. I will probably keep proseries with my 60% for at least next year since the price differential isn't that great and then I will reevaluate. I am annoyed at corporate response to 2012 [or lack thereof] and not willing to go back yet.

Proseries works flawlessly, no issues at all but doesn't have some of the forms that atx has and that I could use but the program works [except for mickey mouse looking letters] and much better diagnostics, perfect efiling, support answers in less than 5 minutes and their people KNOW taxes.

Board moderators are still posting incorrect info on the other board which really makes be doubt the company, for example, last week they posted that the new FinCen will not be available since the irs doesn't allow it but in my office Lacerte has had it for a month and PS has a draft to go live in April. Seems like whenever a lack or glitch in atx is asked about it gets blamed on the irs. Same for efiling fiscal return which they said couldn't be done on the same day I filed on on ps.

I like the input and graphics much better on atx and don't like the full ps price of $5200. If the company gets more responsive and customer support gets better only then would I return.

Wow, thanks so much for everyone's responses.

I'm on a stand alone, all by myself, computer, so network issues wouldn't be an issue for me.

I really liked ATX, just couldn't wait forever for a simple return to open, since I have a full-time job, and prepare taxes as a sideline.

Again, thanks everyone!

The Fin-Cen can only be filed through their website. I don't know why ANYONE would prepare these non-tax forms for their clients. Too much exposure if anything is missed. I never did the FBARs either.

I have a network for the first time ever running two Win7 machines and except for the occasional 'server error' message which I just click once and it's gone, don't have any issues.

FROM LACERTE WEBSITE AND PROSERIES HAS ALMOST THE SAME INFO. ATX IS FEEDING EVERYONE A LINE THAT TAX SOFTWARE CAN'T PREPARE THIS FORM. Description

Information on FinCEN Form 114 and Frequently Asked Questions.

Detailed Information

FinCEN Form 114- Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR) is used to report financial interest in or signature authority over foreign financial accounts and replaces Form TDF 90-22.1.

The FinCEN Form 114 must be electronically filed and received on or before June 30th.

FAQs-

1. When will Form 114 be available in Lacerte?

FinCEN Form 114 will be released as a draft version on an update posted on 3/12/2014. The form will not be available to file until April 2014.

2. Will Lacerte support E-filing of FinCEN Form 114?

Yes. The current plan is to support Form 114 electronically in all modules in the 2013 Lacerte tax program.

3. How will it be e-filed, together with the main form or separately?

Form 114 is a separate e-filing type from the federal return so it will be considered as a separate e-file. We will provide more information on how to e-file Form 114 later in the year.

4. I need to e-file Form 114 before April 2014, how can I do this?

You can manually create and e-file Form 114 on the FinCEN website. See BSA E-filing System and BSA Steps for more information.

For additional information visit the FinCEN website. For further assistance when using the BSA E-filing website you can contact the BSA E-Filing Help Desk at 1-866-346-9478 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-866-346-9478 FREE end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

FROM LACERTE WEBSITE AND PROSERIES HAS ALMOST THE SAME INFO. ATX IS FEEDING EVERYONE A LINE THAT TAX SOFTWARE CAN'T PREPARE THIS FORM. Description

Information on FinCEN Form 114 and Frequently Asked Questions.

Detailed Information

FinCEN Form 114- Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR) is used to report financial interest in or signature authority over foreign financial accounts and replaces Form TDF 90-22.1.

The FinCEN Form 114 must be electronically filed and received on or before June 30th.

FAQs-

1. When will Form 114 be available in Lacerte?

FinCEN Form 114 will be released as a draft version on an update posted on 3/12/2014. The form will not be available to file until April 2014.

Will Lacerte support E-filing of FinCEN Form 114?

Yes. The current plan is to support Form 114 electronically in all modules in the 2013 Lacerte tax program.

How will it be e-filed, together with the main form or separately?

Form 114 is a separate e-filing type from the federal return so it will be considered as a separate e-file. We will provide more information on how to e-file Form 114 later in the year.

I need to e-file Form 114 before April 2014, how can I do this?

You can manually create and e-file Form 114 on the FinCEN website. See BSA E-filing System and BSA Steps for more information.

For additional information visit the FinCEN website. For further assistance when using the BSA E-filing website you can contact the BSA E-Filing Help Desk at 1-866-346-9478 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-866-346-9478 FREE end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

So Lacerte is transmitting the form to the FinCEN site for you. NOT to the IRS.

I was scratching my head (was it yesterday? days are all running together) when someone here posted that ATX CCHSFS was blaming some glitch at the IRS when e-file rejects were being kicked out due to state EIN number missing from the W-2 entry. There was not one posting about this on the official Drake forum that has 10 times the registered users that this forum has. It's hard for me to believe this is an IRS problem and there was not one peep from anyone using Drake about a reject because of this.

Anyway, it seems like most everyone is having a good season with the software this year. I just don't trust CCHSFS after last year's debacle.

• Like 1

I was scratching my head (was it yesterday? days are all running together) when someone here posted that ATX CCHSFS was blaming some glitch at the IRS when e-file rejects were being kicked out due to state EIN number missing from the W-2 entry. There was not one posting about this on the official Drake forum that has 10 times the registered users that this forum has. It's hard for me to believe this is an IRS problem and there was not one peep from anyone using Drake about a reject because of this.

Anyway, it seems like most everyone is having a good season with the software this year. I just don't trust CCHSFS after last year's debacle.

Peep! We've had several IRS rejects because of the missing EIN in the state information. We've been having to add this on the W-2 input to avoid the problem. The office here uses Drake.