ATX Community

It's the Final Countdown

jasdlm

Congrats! I am so far from done I could cry. I have a ton of easy ones left, but so many huge pains still. Why do I get such screwed up messes? Long time client marries someone with a sale of a foreign rental and cancellation of debt on another rental. She prepared her own returns before and said that nothing needs to be reported. :wall:

Nine, that is all, and all are bears. Of those, 1 is an extension that is really complete and 2 haven't bothered to come in yet.

The other six, 3 will def go out, the other 3 aren't calling me back with missing data after repeated calls and emails from me. :dunno:

This season it's been like pulling teeth to get people to return calls and get the information I need to finish up. :wall:

I still need to work on some 1st quarter estimates too.

• Like 2

Eight in progress and three who are still threatening to bring their taxes ...sheesh.

Plus, yesterday I got the second call this season from someone asking if I could prepare and file their 1120S before the deadline, which they claim they thought was 4/15. I declined anything to do with it. They are a fairly large used auto sales business and they just seem like they will be more trouble than they are worth.

• Like 3

I have to get extensions out, especially for those needing to pay or to pay 1Q ES. Including mine! Hubby started teaching piano in his retirement, so one more balance due to estimate for IRS, CT, and IL (my little farm from my grandfather). Still ten more promised by the 15th including a partnership, an estate, and two trusts, and several begging, but I keep saying no. I'll have plenty to keep me busy until 15 October, as I took on some new clients, including a family in Singapore for a couple of years and a Japanese national with a three-year work visa and a guy who died after giving me his tax documents! Second call in two days from a partner in a partnership I prepared (in a rush since they wanted it six weeks ago to prep their personal returns) asking where to enter things in TT. And, printing now for a pickup this afternoon. Trying some new coffee from a client of a client of mine. We'll see how that goes.

I've filed a few extensions already for people I've worked up, but are still missing docs. Quite a few K1s still coming. I'm loathe to roll over the ones that I still don't have docs for, since I've been using the completed counter to make myself feel better. An email is going out today to clients I haven't heard from asking if they want me to file an extension.

I've got a bunch waiting for pickup, and probably 50 going on extension. So far.

Ugh, with the deadline fast approaching I seem to have come down with flu like symptoms. Chills, sweats, horrible sleep, loss of appetite, nausea, etc. Just what I need. Had to be a client as I haven't really moved from this office in about 8 weeks and the family is fine. And I have had a flu shot ..if that's it. Well, it has been a horrible season so far ...so why not.

Ugh, with the deadline fast approaching I seem to have come down with flu like symptoms. Chills, sweats, horrible sleep, loss of appetite, nausea, etc. Just what I need. Had to be a client as I haven't really moved from this office in about 8 weeks and the family is fine. And I have had a flu shot ..if that's it. Well, it has been a horrible season so far ...so why not.

:(. I am so sorry to hear this.

That is SO true. We had to travel out of town this weekend for a family funeral. Years ago, my mother in law passed away on Apr 13; so you DO have to be prepared for the unexpected. Since I mostly work alone, I always dread illness, but have been pretty fortunate in that area. IMO, the IRS is way too rigid, allowing for nothing less than a major catastrophe as a reason not to file. That may be why they extended the extension from three to six months.

14 left that I haven't touched, and 6 that are mostly done and waiting on something from clients.

Doesn't sound like much, but I am losing steam SO fast.

To top it all off, I have to teach 'Love Your Enemy' to second graders in Sunday School tomorrow. I'm really going to have to suck it up for that one. Right now, I'm with Rita . . . shoot 'em.

• Like 2

I filed my 3 extensions and have one return left for the client to pick up on Monday. He wanted to come over tonight or tomorrow, but I think not. Monday will have to be the day.

I have 3 people to calculate 1st quarter estimates for and that is it.

Feeling pretty good now, just very, very tired. :)

• Like 1

I just finished my last return, sent efile signature pages and return pdf via email for signature. Have a few on extension that have already been efiled. Just waiting to hear back from clients with efile

signatures. Efile, and wait for ack. Have 2 pickups on Monday. I am so very tired. This has been the longest Tax Season ever (Not in days available), but slogging through.

Best Wishes for everyone!!! Hope Monday and Tuesday go smooth and everyone gets to take a break.

Talk to you soon.

Yes, I did attend the Cornell Veterinary School Open House with my daughter today. So glad we went and had some special time together. Worth it being up to almost 4:00 AM!

• Like 3