ATX Community

As Frank Sinatra said..."And Now The End Is Near!"

Yardley CPA

As we approach April 15th, I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone on this forum for their time and their sage advice. It's comforting to know that we can turn to this page, add our questions and receive feedback from a professional (some more than others :D) group of preparers. I appreciate everyone's input!

Thanks also to Eric for all he has done and continues to do for the site! I plan on sending my donation in the next day or two!

I hope everyone enjoys a more relaxed few months...until it all starts up again!

• Like 7

I ditto everything said above. I would personally feel totallty lost without this board. A lot of us have been here since the CCH inhalation of the old ATX and it sure is nice to know that God willing we will all be here through the summer and next season. Don't know about the rest of you but I completed and filed a bunch of extensions tonight and transmitted a batch of returns. All accepted and all is well. Tomorrow at least three procrastinators are coming. Tomorrow at midnight will be heaven!!

• Like 2

I already told a client the shop,was closing up by 5pm tomorrow. No ifs, ands, or buts. Gave him the info to do a credit card pay since he's out of town until tomorrow night. Just emailed another client of their balances due, and have another RDP couple to file extensions for; another Sch C! Ugh. And gotta mail my own estimates.

So frikkin tired. But it's Blacklist night, and there's a lunar eclipse. And I know y'all get quieter in the off season, but I'm happy y'all are here.

• Like 4

There's too much cloud cover here to see the eclipse too. We should be able to see the Lyrid meteor showers in a few days though.

I finished the extensions, first quarter estimates and the couple of payroll taxes over the weekend, and my last return was picked up at 8:45 am 4/14. I took the day off and will take tomorrow off as well. Mom has doctor appts Tues and Wed, and then other errands with her that have been on hold on Thursday.

I'm going out to see if I have a good view or not. One huge one to prepare, really fat 1099-B and K-1s and SE and.... Just finished their partnership. Then it's e-filing extensions, but CT doesn't receive via my software so have to move over to their site after I finish federal and NY and other states. Spent the last several days explaining to people why they owe so much (you made $35,000 more in SE; you w/h $3,500 less, you had no w/h because you quit your job, you took retirement distributions or unemployment benefits or..., you reduced your w/h instead of raising it, you paid off your mortgage, etc.). Back to work. It's 77 degrees in here and hard to concentrate, getting sleepy.

• Like 1

I saw the moon before the eclipse as the cloud cover was getting heavier. Will look up some pix on the internet today.

Yes, Lion, it was getting warm in my office too - so I tried to open the window and the maintenance crews were out in the neighborhood with those frikken leaf blowers. Anytime the phone rang I had to close the window. Grrr. Today mild with rain, tonight cold with snow. Spring in New England!

That spring is not isolated in New England. Here in Cincinnati, after weekend temps of 80, we have a lovely dusting of snow on the ground and all the flowering trees and bushes. High of 40 today.

I really hope it stays above freezing by the time I return from my dive trip. We bought new glass double doors in January which are still waiting to be installed as it hasn't been warm enough to be without doors for a couple of hours. I am hoping they will be as lovely as I recall!

We have beautiful springs here in the NE. And if we're lucky, they happen on a weekend when people can enjoy them. I think ours for this year was yesterday, though. Tonight and tomorrow we go back to winter briefly and then I'm sure we'll go back to alternating between freezing and broiling, until we stick to just broiling.

:P

I have stopped to smell my roses twice today. I've a HUGE climbing rose that I've not pruned and it's twining into the mulberry tree near it, as tall as the garage and absolutely covered in blooms. So fragrant I can smell them from up on the balcony.

Then there are at least three more blooming, plus irises, and vinca, and lavender & sage. I love spring in my yard!