ATX Community

May Day! Update 14.5 causing issues, PLEASE READ!

rfassett

I have been bumping along without software issues.  Today a new program update came down and was installed and now when I do a roll over, it does not show up in the return manager.  It appears to be doing the rollover, but nothing shows up.  I have opened and closed 2013 and 2104 and re-booted to no avail,  I am on hold with support.  "Your wait time is 15 to 30 minutes", they said 30 minutes ago. BTW, the rollover was working just fine before the update.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Rats.  LIke a good doo-bee I installed the 14.5 update johnny on the spot.  Now I wish I'd waited.  No problems, yet, or at least none that I know of (sigh....).  Some returns rolled over into the previous versions without the depreciable assets showing up; not a big issue except with the farm with LOTS of assets.

I am now on hold with support who is on hold with tech support. Support says there is a known issue with the 14.5 update and tech will need to fix my problem. So I agree, hold off updating for awhile. Fortunately my issue has nothing to do with opening the program and I looked at FAM after the update and did not see any issues there. I will update when i know more.

Ha! Tech log into my system and danced around for awhile. I sit here in awe just watching how quickly they move from place to place. At one point he asked if I had deleted some returns from the 2014 program and I said I did not remember doing that. He said, "well there are 26 six more files than returns showing up in the return manager". I said, "I'll bet those are the six returns I have been trying to roll over multiple times this afternoon because, again, it looks like they are going through the motion, but they are just not showing up in the RM". Finally got everything worked out and all of those rollover attempts showed up in the RM. So I deleted the copies and I am ready to move on. Don't ask me what he did - I could not keep up.

• Like 2

Rats.  LIke a good doo-bee I installed the 14.5 update johnny on the spot.  Now I wish I'd waited.  No problems, yet, or at least none that I know of (sigh....).  Some returns rolled over into the previous versions without the depreciable assets showing up; not a big issue except with the farm with LOTS of assets.

There are more posts with depreciation issues, for example; assets not linked to Schedule C, E , or F

listed assets not rolling over etc.

I always reboot after any kind of install or update.  Might that be the answer?

I think so.

I always reboot my computer after I do two updates and for sure when I update ATX. I know it is a pain to waste those 10 minutes, but then I organize my desk, talk to my clients, call my clients, check my mail, have a tea (margarita or wine), go for a quick walk, file my paper on my cabinet, vacuum my office, etc.