ATX Community

Done!

JohnH

I've got about 75 extensions filed (including my own) and waiting to hear back from a client that owes about $16k, how he wants to pay. Got a few more to review. So frikkin tired AND have a headache.

Still have to figure out my estimates and review my assistant's return-wife bought a PTP. Really tempted to just go to bed right now though.

• Like 3

Gotta get some more extensions, don't know how many, I hope a lot. My door is open. Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses. And your slackers. I'm here for you.

Just want to confirm that the ACA did not improve my health, but it didn't do me in, either.

And my motto today is: "April 15 doesn't tell us, we tell IT."

• Like 5

Extensions take Apr 15 off the table and can make it just another day at the office (or away from the office, as the case may be).

One would hope, but it doesn't, quite.  There is always the last-minute crunch of folks who suddenly decide they want to make a payment, or call with their grown child's info so you can put in extensions for them, or who contacted you two months ago and never since  until *today* when they want to know if it's too late to file an extension with you...

Blech.

I will be GLAD when today is over.  Will take it easy the rest of this week (5-6 hour days, not 10-12) and start hitting the extended clients next week.  Note for Rita:  that is, hitting their *tax returns* by working on them, not dope-slapping the clients.  Not even the ones who really NEED dope-slapping.  Although those I will *think* about hitting.  90% of the fun, 0% of the repercussions.  Except for the queries, when speaking with them, about why the sudden big grin ("Oh, nothing, just a random funny thought crossed my mind").

• Like 6

Yeah, and Catherine has guns!

That's right, I do.  But I wouldn't waste using them on clients.  

In fact, I took a half-hour this morning to practice rifle (the pretty purple one you've all seen in pictures, that Margaret got to hold when she visited) with this super-spiffy laser practice setup my husband bought a year or so ago (from Noptel).  Our first match is this Saturday and standing on the line might be my very first chance at live fire this year.    

http://www.noptel.fi/eng2/Sport/index.php

Edited by Catherine
  • Like 2

I've got about 75 extensions filed (including my own) and waiting to hear back from a client that owes about $16k, how he wants to pay. Got a few more to review. So frikkin tired AND have a headache.

Still have to figure out my estimates and review my assistant's return-wife bought a PTP. Really tempted to just go to bed right now though.

Just an aside to your post, why would you file estimates for yourself when you are on extension?  If you add what you need to pay with your 1st estimate to your extension, you have that extra hedge in case your extension is short..    Lets say I "think" I need 10k for my extension and 15k for my first estimate, I send 25k with the extension.

• Like 5

In fact, I took a half-hour this morning to practice rifle (the pretty purple one you've all seen in pictures, that Margaret got to hold when she visited) with this super-spiffy laser practice setup my husband bought a year or so ago (from Noptel).  Our first match is this Saturday and standing on the line might be my very first chance at live fire this year.    

Sunday I get to shoot my new handgun purchase in January, It been hard looking at it all tax season knowing that not a round is going through it till after 4/15

• Like 1

I use Michael's method.  Don't risk being short on the extension, which is 2014 with all that interest accruing on any shortfall.  But, I had every single client call me this year -- after explaining it in great detail in writing in an email -- asking for their ES vouchers or saying they misplaced them or even both husband and wife emailing me for 1Q amounts.  I resent the email to every one of them!

• Like 4

post-1915-0-83879300-1429135888_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Another Tax Day has come and I am finished with what needed to be done for today.  Extensions await me but that can be handled over the next month or two.  Thanks to everyone on this forum for their support and sage advice.  It's very much appreciated!  My best to each of you for an "off season" filled with nothing but good health and good cheer!

• Like 6

I'm finally finished! 102 extensions. I can't believe how many people showed up today. I even got a 2013 in that I thought I had lost. Tomorrow my first excursion away from the house since Easter is to take my son to have his wisdom teeth taken out since he ended up in the ER last week in KS with severe pain and a very bad infection. I don't know why these things can't happen when he's in town. Fortunately, he didn't fly down there or we would have had to drive a pilot down there to fly the plane back that lets him borrow it. Then I can finally get my haircut after I get him home so my husband can watch him. We were going to a movie, but that's out for now.

Thanks to everyone on this board. Now I have to get back to quarterlies, sales tax and property tax returns.

• Like 6

Just got a call from a prospective new client. The coffee is working enough that I could actually have a coherent discussion about record keeping.

Had a client whose return is basically done, but two of their charitable letters didn't have the required goods & services statement so it was on hold until we get new letters (these are thousand dollar donations, so we definitely want perfected letters!). Sent email to wife and didn't hear from her (they owe), so ended up just filing the extensions without a payment. Get an email & really early phone call this morning that I didn't answer; she flew last minute to Lithuania yesterday because he mother had a fall. So I'll have to try to walk husband (who is MUCH older - in his 80's) and not the computer savvy one as to how to pay online, or grab estimate vouchers from my portal. Might be easier to just overnight paper vouchers.

Thank god the coffee is working!

• Like 3

Yes, and for the next month, every time you meet a client anywhere, grocery, bank, drug store, etc, you will hear "Guess you are enjoying not having any work to do now that the 15th is behind you."  LOL

Yeah, and after THIS season that comment is looking for Rita's boot in response.  Rita - do you outsource?

• Like 6

Yeah, and after THIS season that comment is looking for Rita's boot in response.  Rita - do you outsource?

It already started this morning and I had already filed two returns before I went to the Dr with my hubby.  "Oh, you must be so glad it's over!!"

What part of over don't I get?  Rita's boot, indeed.

• Like 5