ATX Community

ATX 2015 arrived

ILLMAS

Almost the same here.  The book is on my desk and the disk has been filed.  I downloaded the program last week and installed it.

The packaging of the disk is getting cheaper and cheaper every year - but that does not bother me.  I have yet to be able to prepare a return with the packaging. :)

• Like 5

12 hours ago, jklcpa said:

Generous. That book is not inexpensive to purchase on its own.

It is very expensive on its own and I use it a lot.  It is the same book used by the IRS local offices.  If I really need in depth clarification; that is the place I go.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jklcpa said:

Generous. That book is not inexpensive to purchase on its own.

I have no use for it. I hate using paper reference when I can search the same thing electronically. Besides I have at least 3 companies offering me the master tax guide every year (ADP, Edward Jones & CCH). Edward Jones gives me electronic access as does CCH. #saveatree

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2015‎ ‎9‎:‎24‎:‎00‎, joanmcq said:

For me it depends on what I'm researching. I have the quick finders on Proview, use google and like the paper Spidell big blue CA tax book in paper and the Master tax guide in paper. Has anyone checked out the Lite research that came with the Max package?

I have the quick finders and the paper Wisconsin Tax Guide as well as the paper Master tax guide.  I miss the Pub 17 since it became digital.  I have it on my desktop but seldom remember to use it.  I do a lot of my research when I am relaxing and away from the computer.  No, did not try the Lite research.

I use both the lite research and the master tax guide built right into ATX. The lite research interface is a little clunky but it is quite useful for line instructions on forms.

I also installed the browser add-on for Intelliconnect so when I google search, it gives me an button to do an Intelliconnect search too.

You'll never know if you like it until you try it. B)

Google.jpg

MTG.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jmdaviscpa said:

Memo to self: forum displays multiple images in the exact opposite order that you add them, so add the one you want first, last.

There's still time to edit the post to remove them, they will stay in your attachments list, and you can reinsert into the post as you choose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JMovichEA said:

256 including the index. This was my father's, I took over the practice in 1992. I have tax return copies from 1941 also.

Time to clear out some things.  And go digital!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I should talk, I still have my old accounting text books from undergrad school on my bookcase.  Late 60s, early 70s.

• Like 2

I much prefer the electronic copy for my own use, BUT there is one valuable use for the paper copy.  When you have that annoying client who always wants to 'see where it says that', while it is easy to print it out, I've found that handing them 'the book' with a tab or two at the proper place, has a serious physiological benefit.  Shuts them right up, almost always.  ;)

• Like 5