ATX Community

Well, you find out things accidentally sometimes.

RitaB

Oh that was just a shot of a bookcase.  It's out of my reach, so isn't overflowing, yet; well almost.  And, the file cabinet just holds my Jolly Ranchers and pens for clients as they arrive &/or leave.  I think I've posted my mess before.  I'll add a pic here again soon.

• Like 2

The desk at my home office looks like one of those post-tornado pictures from the midwest.  AT the office, though, I have my dragons, my tax interview sheet folders, a pen, and a penknife that needs to be cleaned after using it yesterday to slice cheese for a snack.  All the mess is in the drawers, since MA made it illegal to leave *anything* out at *any* time unless it is actively being worked on.  But the drawers have cross-leaved stacks and I have to be very careful closing one of them since it's all up so high....

• Like 3

I just turned 70 Sunday and, frankly, prefer to be considered a woman.  Kind of a respect thing to me...

Meanwhile, good for you for continuing to practice your profession.  That is inspiration.  I am training for a marathon now, ran 18 miles last Saturday with 20 this coming Saturday.  I do hope to inspire women and girls alike.

• Like 5

I do have to keep the stacks separate, not let papers from one client slip into another stack.  And, you should see the stacks on my floor with the cross-leaved clients when I have to get everything out of site for a client's arrival.  My 2015 TTB and JK Lasser are on top of the printer that doesn't work, because I haven't cleaned out my bookshelves to make room for the current year.  I have reading glasses all over with at least two pairs on my desk and another in my briefcase and maybe one on a bookcase.  And, that picture showed just the client end of my L-shaped desk that was once a computer hutch, but I needed the space and took the hutch off so I could spread out more.  And, the file cabinet that I just cleaned off since a client's coming now.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Margaret CPA in OH said:

I just turned 70 Sunday and, frankly, prefer to be considered a woman.  Kind of a respect thing to me...

Meanwhile, good for you for continuing to practice your profession.  That is inspiration.  I am training for a marathon now, ran 18 miles last Saturday with 20 this coming Saturday.  I do hope to inspire women and girls alike.

I didn't mean to offend in any way.  I sincerely meant it as a compliment.

18 miles?  Wow!  I have never been able to run any distance at all.  Even when I was in the marines, I was not able to run.  I never fell out on a hike but when the command was given to "double time", I would gradually fall back toward the end, but when they resumed the regular pace, I would catch up.