ATX Community

Well, you find out things accidentally sometimes.

RitaB

So sorry for your loss BHoffman.  I can tell that you and he had a good life for those 18 years, with love and support for each other.  And the picture, better than words to describe the love you had together, and I'm sure great memories that will keep him alive in your heart forever.

• Like 2

I am so sorry! Kitties are wonderful companions and I am so sorry that you are going through this, especially now when you are under so much stress.  We went through renal disease with our wonderful Puddy for several years. He was just shy of 21 when he finally let us know when he had been loved enough and was ready to leave. We swore that we wouldn't have another pet, because we were too devastated, but now we have three of them.  I'm thinking of you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NECPA in NEBRASKA said:

I am so sorry! Kitties are wonderful companions and I am so sorry that you are going through this, especially now when you are under so much stress.  We went through renal disease with our wonderful Puddy for several years. He was just shy of 21 when he finally let us know when he had been loved enough and was ready to leave. We swore that we wouldn't have another pet, because we were too devastated, but now we have three of them.  I'm thinking of you.

We also had our first cat for 21 years.  We swore the same thing and then proceeded to have three more after her.  My husband was really adamant this last time; but he finally gave in and we love our Annie so much.  I will never be without a kitty again.  There are so many out there that need good and loving homes.  Annie was the first cat that we ever adopted.  Took a while, but she loves us too.

• Like 2

It is OK to cry. I still tear up when I think about my last two cats and one has been gone for 21 years. (He was an amazing guy!)  Our pets love us unconditionally and are such great companions. I will grieve terribly when I lose any of the three that we have now, but they are worth it.  They will help me, because I will probably lose my husband much sooner than we would like. Hang in there. I am really sorry.

• Like 4

As you all know I've lost four of my companions in the last three years, and the three kitties during tax season. When my 21.5 year old went, I couldn't do anything for a week. 

In November I adopted a dog from the shelter - literally the first companion that I've actually picked out.  The others have just found me or been given to me. She has been a PITA (wants so much attention while I'm trying to work!) and sheer joy.  Still have three kitties and another dog to care for. 

Im so sorry for your loss. Grieve.  

• Like 5

The vet office called to say that Toodys ashes are ready to be picked up.  Except she didn't say that.  She kept saying that HE is ready to be picked up, all cheerful like I just dropped him off for a nail trim and he's ready to come home.  If only.  I hate that stupid girl.  Evidently at that "angry" stage in the grief process. 

:(

• Like 2

SO SORRY ABOUT ALL OF YOUR FAMILY - PETS... 

I received a call during a client finish  - my dad was dying - cleared the office - it was like a fire drill - it was a urine uti - test drill.  I said parents - do not do this to me at tax time!! :)

I saw him later that night and said I was going to see the grandkids and they told him he had to go to sleep and he said party -he was coming with... he has vascular dementia - so his speech is (has)  failed..  but my arguing with staff as to protocol was not on my radar when there happened to be 6 people in my office and 2 more apptmts on a Friday - they were going to observe him over the weekend - No - over the weekend - you get a test! no Dr's on call  

anyway.. I am still doing Feb 2-5th as we got tons in those days - cannot get past that and now it is corps and finally back  - yes it has been in my office way too long!

• Like 5

I have Mr. Toody's ashes.  They came in a very nice wooden box with a little brass clasp and everything.  Cried some.  Still can't pick up his little bed.  Still seeing him everywhere.  My husband reminds me it's only been a week so it's OK to cry, but it feels like a lot longer.

• Like 5

is that in your office for people to see? I could never do that - altho maybe that is how they feel as well that is so bad!! I love it.. It wraps up everything!! 

all the tax **, and everything that happens we have to deal with and in our lives that is hard and then it happens during tax season and we have convinced ourselves we have these very important clients and their papers we have to take care of ahead of us - well maybe it has to do with the deadlines and their calls and the piles...  

• Like 3

I found it at an art show one year.  It's leaning atop a tall bookcase with my clients facing away, so it's not in-your-face or even at eye level.  But, it's definitely visible right next to my NY Tax Preparer Certificate and a clock on top of that bookcase.  I like it.  A couple of clients have commented on it.  As you say, they're often stressed and that's why they're here and not doing it on their own.

• Like 6

This painting reminds me of one I remember years ago that made an impression on me.  It was titled Primal Scream, and I think it's BHoffman's.   It shows the anxiety and panic that only makes the misery worse...Oh God, now I don't feel so good.

• Like 2

You can see the print on top of the 6' bookcase.  Office door is to the far right.  In front of the double sliding closet doors on the left are my two client chairs.  So, clients do walk past the print, but it's over their heads and they are never really facing directly in that direction.  It does get a chuckle now and then.

IMG_0684 (2).JPG

• Like 5