ATX Community

where are those guns. I need to shoot my printer

schirallicpa

Never fails.  in the 11th hour, there is always printer trouble of some sort.  In years past we've had last minute overnight orders of toner or drum.  Sometimes it's lack of paper.  This year it jammed.  It has been cleaned out.  And it won't clear.  It's a simple little printer.  There's nothing stuck in it.  Turned on and turned off.  Unplugged.  All the usual.

Come on little printer.  Just a few more...............

• Like 3

1 hour ago, schirallicpa said:

Never fails.  in the 11th hour, there is always printer trouble of some sort.  In years past we've had last minute overnight orders of toner or drum.  Sometimes it's lack of paper.  This year it jammed.  It has been cleaned out.  And it won't clear.  It's a simple little printer.  There's nothing stuck in it.  Turned on and turned off.  Unplugged.  All the usual.

Come on little printer.  Just a few more...............

printer.jpg

• Like 6

I'm not a gun person but this is very close to how I felt recently.  The computer guy finally showed up to reconnect everything and I rearranged some stuff.  Still jamming.  So I thought it just might be the paper and I now think that was a major part of the problem.  Curses, and I just bought a whole box but at least I still have a few reams of the other, obviously better, stuff.

So maybe my apologies to the printer...fed the poor thing bad stuff.

• Like 3

Ive been trying for years to get my clients to accept a .pdf of their return and scanned supporting docs.  So far only one taker.  I dont get why they want to have more clutter.  I stopped printing my personal returns at least five years ago.  I alos went back and scanned all of my prior years returns too and shredded everything.  Best thing ever.

• Like 3

Might I recommend a good 24# sledge hammer instead of a firearm for the recalcitrant printer?  You can hit it repeatedly, can do it within city limits, don't need to wear ear protection (eye protection would be a good idea, though), don't need a permit, and swinging a sledge that heavy will really work out the rage.

You can borrow mine, if need be.  (My grandfather was a mason, and sometimes you need to take *down* the brick wall.  I have a complete assortment of sledge hammers from a little 2#-er up the the big one.  I still remember how proud I was the first time I was strong enough to get it 1/4" above the floor... musta been about six years old.)

• Like 4

a .22 is not the preferred caliber to take out a printer.  .45 are good for desktop printers but you need at least a 357 or .50 for those big office monsters.  Here on gun hating Long Island there is a range where you can bring your household items to use for target practice.  At other ranges you can't even shoot a silhouette since it resembles a human. [smh]

• Like 2