ATX Community

Your spidey sense

ILLMAS

Lady delivered her tax info last Thursday.

On Monday late afternoon she finally informs me what her IRA contribution will be for the year.

Then declares she has to meet me today to pick up and go over the return because it just isn't convenient the rest of the week and she doesn't want to wait until next week.

My spidey sense informs me she didn't like my response.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, RitaB said:

Actually my spidey sense can spot them without seeing the W-2s.  Everybody that drops off last week of March - December.  Every. One.

I had one drop their records in our slot before 5 today, and by the time I got out of my office, they were gone. I think it's like the walk of shame.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, BHoffman said:

If I see the withholding is less than 10%, I figure it's a pretty safe bet they will owe.  

I'm right on board with this one. Do the same thing and like everyone else, I have the folks that I have told for a few years to increase withholdings or do something relevant to their situation like estimates etc and to no avail they don't follow through. Get all those ugly looks when they have to pay again.

• Like 5

Yes but everyone else they know gets back thousands of dollars and doesn't have to pay taxes and why do they have to pay so much and we should go to a fair tax based on what we buy but the government should send everyone a rebate check monthly to cover what they paid for food and ....

Yeah, they don't like my responses this time of year either.

• Like 4