ATX Community

I HATE QUICKBOOKS!!!!!!!

schirallicpa

46 minutes ago, grandmabee said:

Hate them but can't work without them.  I so wish someone else would come up another program.

I just got my payroll renewal.  615.00  

Too many people use (or misuse) QB.  I surrendered years ago and dropped Peachtree, only have QB now. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ILLMAS said:

I guess no one has worked with the online version yet.

15 hours ago, Lynn EA USTCP in Louisiana said:

QBO is dreck. 

Hear, hear!  I agree that QuickBooks is a ROYAL pain in the patootie.  However, if you ever work with the online version, you will KISS your computer when you go back to the desktop version.  I loathe, detest, and abhor the online version.  We refuse any new clients using QBO, and are working to get our remaining online clients onto a desktop version.  Even the Apple version of QB is better than QBO!

• Like 5

When QBO first came out I hated it but have gotten use to it's quirks and figured out some work arounds, so I don't mind it too much.    The best part about QBO is the money I make cleaning up the mess many clients create when they try to do it on their own.  Usually costs them double or triple what it would have if I did it from the beginning.! 

33 minutes ago, Catherine said:

Hear, hear!  I agree that QuickBooks is a ROYAL pain in the patootie.  However, if you ever work with the online version, you will KISS your computer when you go back to the desktop version.  I loathe, detest, and abhor the online version.  We refuse any new clients using QBO, and are working to get our remaining online clients onto a desktop version.  Even the Apple version of QB is better than QBO!

Amen to this!!!!  I been working with QB since 95-96 and it's my go to software to recommend to clients.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Catherine said:

I have and hate it as well. I have one client now using QB Enterprise and not the online crap. They cannot share with me, their accountant, or send me an accountant's version unless I purchase my own copy. Thanks QB, I pushed them into this crap and shot myself in the foot at the same time. The payroll program???? Way too much, QB Pro-Advisor??? When I got out it was up to $800.00 per year. Well I guess one thing might be good, the client using Enterprise wants me to make office visits most likely quarterly. What I will charge them may cushion my frustration a bit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

This is my own personal experience.

"A grim old accountant lay dying, his briefcase supporting his head.  His pinstripes were all of a tatter, as he rose on his elbow and said, "Wrap me up with me brolly and briefcase, and bury me deep down below, with me files on the floor of the file room, in a place where the tax men don't go."

First verse of "The Dying Accountant" sung to the tune of "Tarpaulin Jacket" and performed by the Inland Navigators Bush Band of Sydney Australia.  At one point he puts a brick through his video screen.  Great song.

• Like 2