ATX Community

Postponed Deadlines

Colfax Mingo

It's going to get real lonely here after today. I am in one of the Presidential Disaster Areas in Missouri. My NEW deadline is May 19. I see on the IRS Web site that there are also areas of Arkansas and Georgia with postponed deadlines as well.

Is there going to be anyone around here for the next month???

The regulars that you see having hundreds of postings usually stay around & the posters that have just a few usually go. Although that could be a little distorted since some people are just now finding this site. I'll still be here. Some of us are planning to test other tax software & post reviews this summer so the board will be quieter but not come to a standstill.

It's going to get real lonely here after today. I am in one of the Presidential Disaster Areas in Missouri. My NEW deadline is May 19. I see on the IRS Web site that there are also areas of Arkansas and Georgia with postponed deadlines as well.

You're on your own!

Ok. I'll bet some of us will still be here.

I for one have over 60 extensions to prepare. Thing is I have about the same number of returns as I prepared last year, and had only 5 extensions then. But this year everyone showed up late and I couldn't get them done. Made for a killer 2nd half of season.

Joel

You're on your own!

Ok. I'll bet some of us will still be here.

I for one have over 60 extensions to prepare. Thing is I have about the same number of returns as I prepared last year, and had only 5 extensions then. But this year everyone showed up late and I couldn't get them done. Made for a killer 2nd half of season.

Joel

What was that with people this year? They came in droves really early; then a lull and then they came extremely late. I have never filed as many extensions as this year either; and other years I usually manage to get them done and filed by the 15th even though I took the precaution of an extension. At least the BIG pressure is off.

What was that with people this year? They came in droves really early; then a lull and then they came extremely late. I have never filed as many extensions as this year either; and other years I usually manage to get them done and filed by the 15th even though I took the precaution of an extension. At least the BIG pressure is off.

Same thing happened here. I notice that every few years this seems to happen. This year with the stimulus payment I expected people early.

Good thing I didn't place any bets that that would happen

Joel

Don't worry Colfax, some of us don't have lives and hang out here year round. And we have extensions etc...and a lot of the really fun returns are extended. Plus we have to come here to find out how Mel's software is coming along!

Not to mention what JB is having for lunch.

Don't worry Colfax, some of us don't have lives and hang out here year round. And we have extensions etc...and a lot of the really fun returns are extended. Plus we have to come here to find out how Mel's software is coming along!

Plus, we need to find out whether JB gets engaged or not. Will she or won"t she....that is the question?

I had a similar year. Early in January thru all of February I was slammed, there was a brief slow down in March, but slammed this past week. I also filed more extensions than ever, unfortunately most of them because I was waiting for one piece of info! You think people could stop for one minute and get me that one piece of info, but noooooo!

I also will be sticking around. Last year on the other community I missed checking one day and poof!!!!! it was gone. So I'm checking in daily!

Deb!

I'll be here Until end of May (when I will be temprarily gone to Key West)....I Now have 3 people that need federal, Ohio, School, and city returns filed for 2004, 2005, and 2006...as well as a few extensions for 2007.

My season sounds just like Deb's - rush, lull, rush with that maddening single item (basis, usually) seemingly unobtainable. And, like Joan, I don't have much of a life. I will be teaching more scuba this year because the dive center seems short on instructors now. And, with more extensions than ever, I will be still crunching numbers

After a week in Sedona in May, it will be interesting to catch up with those still hanging out here at our "water cooler." What a great group of supportive folks here! And what a difference you all have made in my professional and personal life.

JB, if she agrees, are we all invited to the virtual wedding?

Well, the good thing, JB, is that she's now gone through a tax season, so if she says yes she makes the decision in full knowledge of your worst, as well as your best. Because tax season always brings out the worst in us at some point. No tax professional should ever marry without having gone through at least one tax season with the person, first. Some folks just can not take the stress.

Is that what it is?

I was wondering what stress was! (hahahaha)

Today has felt soooooo good. I actually got through a complete meal without the phone ringing, or somebody coming to pickup or drop off!

It's so good to finally have a life again!

I hope all is well with everyone and that they have a wonderful rest of the year.

Deb!

Who is this "Mel" that is developing the software? A prior ATX employee????

Boy, you really are new to the board, aren't you? Mel lives in Hawaii now, but he was one of the guy who started out with Steve and Glynn Williet, when they were developing ATX at a card table in their living room, then moved it to the garage, etc. He's a programmer, not really a tax person, except by osmosis. But he's been on the old board and then this one for years, helping out with computer questions, rather than with tax ones. He's a sweet guy, and he's thinking about doing the same thing the Willets did, starting a new program that would serve the needs of those of us who are fed up with the big companies lack of concern for their customers. A bunch of us have offered to buy into it, if he decides he is willing to do it, and provide capital for the startup. It's still an open question, but we are hoping. He sort of wants to move back to Maine, so if he does do it, we might even end up with a bunch of the old ATX crew working in the new business.

Frozen Kahuna Tax (Maine & Hawaii)

Big Khuna Tax

Frozen Moose Trax Tax

PUG (Professional User's Group) Tax

SALYS Tax (Same As Last Year Stupid)

America's Tax Xchange (CCH will love that one!)

IPG (Independent Professionals Group) Tax

IHTLBHACCH Tax (I Hate Those Lying Butt Heads At CCH)

Tom

Lodi, CA

Frozen Kahuna Tax (Maine & Hawaii)

Big Khuna Tax

Frozen Moose Trax Tax

PUG (Professional User's Group) Tax

SALYS Tax (Same As Last Year Stupid)

America's Tax Xchange (CCH will love that one!)

IPG (Independent Professionals Group) Tax

IHTLBHACCH Tax (I Hate Those Lying Butt Heads At CCH)

Tom

Lodi, CA

makes me remember when my kids were little that was there favorite taunt to each other "butthead"