ATX Community

TRX VS ATX

TAXMAN

I was told by trx they only had so many ATX to sell and they sold old last week. I could get Taxwise or some other program if I wanted. Now it seems to me that I am forced or locked into CCH_ATX if I want this program. Anybody else hear this?

Yes, that is the status now, I understand. CCH is not happy with TRX. Actually, I think the problem was not with TRX reselling ATX, the error TRX made was using the NAME to sell it to current users. They were supposed to 're-brand' it, as they do with TaxWise, as TRX-AX and not use the official brand name. They came on the Unofficial ATX Community board and posted "TRX IS NOW OFFERING ATX MAX FOR $299 AND ATX TTO FOR $699" and that is when the excrement hit the oscillating blades. If they do get sued, which I doubt, but you never know with CCH, it will be for that advertising, not for the price.

The 'marginal cost' of another copy of the software is maybe $15 with shipping. The program cost is the same to write it whether you sell 100 copies or 10,000. With the sort of deal we are talking about here, TRX provides the support, so there is very little 'cost' to CCH as long as the sales do not cut into the sales of the product at full cost. That is where the 're-branding' comes in. Kraft, for example, sells its premium catsup under it's name,.but sells it's excess capacity under other names, with very little difference except the label on the package. They know that those sales will not have a significant impact on the sales of their brand name product. But if you KNEW that 'Sunrise Catsup' was the same as "Kraft Catsup' then it might well effect your purchase decision.

I was told by trx they only had so many ATX to sell and they sold old last week. I could get Taxwise or some other program if I wanted. Now it seems to me that I am forced or locked into CCH_ATX if I want this program. Anybody else hear this?

There was some mention on another forum that CCH only authorized X number of licenses to be sold through TRX. So perhaps they have indeed sold them all and you are SOL for this year. However, you still have time to sign up for CCH's amazing 10% discount with no money back guarantee!

Not what you wanted to hear, I know. But it's the best I can do for now.

Catherine

I placed my order April... TRX said I got in before May 1st and should be good to go.

"He who hesitates is lost" as they say.

I just called them as well and they told me the same thing...As long as I ordered in April, I would get ATX software. I want to be happy, but the entire situation just makes me uneasy and concerned for the future

I just called them as well and they told me the same thing...As long as I ordered in April, I would get ATX software. I want to be happy, but the entire situation just makes me uneasy and concerned for the future

And leaves those of us who stayed on the fence until this got resolved extremely upset. I thought that CCH had committed 5000 licenses, not 500.

At least those of us who jumped will, hopefully, be OK for at least a year. I still go back to the email CCH sent me about no price increases, though my renewal went up by $50. I was told this is what I should of paid for 2008. I guess I will go through this again next year and probably will decide it is time to retire. Obtaining good software and one I am comfortable with is becoming more stressful than tax season.

I cannot get them to answer my e-mails. I purchased on April 27. I want to know if I am on the "A" list, or if we have been hornswoggled!!

Phone call with the TRX salesman that took my money says one thing. The confirmation e-mail only tells how much I paid. I requested itemization and a copy of the guarantee on May 9. I received an exact copy of the same e-mail as response on May 11. I then asked for itemization and the guarantee again. That was Thursday May 14, at 8:00 AM. No response since.

Uneasy? Concerned? Apprehensive? Doubtful? Skeptical?

Tell me my concerns are misplaced??? The longer I go, the more I am beginning to distrust what Tax Software companies tell me.

I cannot get them to answer my e-mails. I purchased on April 27. I want to know if I am on the "A" list, or if we have been hornswoggled!!

Phone call with the TRX salesman that took my money says one thing. The confirmation e-mail only tells how much I paid. I requested itemization and a copy of the guarantee on May 9. I received an exact copy of the same e-mail as response on May 11. I then asked for itemization and the guarantee again. That was Thursday May 14, at 8:00 AM. No response since.

Uneasy? Concerned? Apprehensive? Doubtful? Skeptical?

Tell me my concerns are misplaced??? The longer I go, the more I am beginning to distrust what Tax Software companies tell me.

I called today and spoke to the saleman who signed me up. He said that everyone who had already purchased will get the software they ordered. They just can't issue any new ones.

Deb!

I called today and spoke to the saleman who signed me up. He said that everyone who had already purchased will get the software they ordered. They just can't issue any new ones.

Deb!

The problem is, I do not have any written verification of what I ordered.

Here is all I have gotten...

TAX REFUND XPRESS

216 W VINE STREET

MURFREESBORO, TN 37130

TAX REFUND XPRESS

Date: 04/27/2009 04:57:45 PM

CREDIT CARD SALE

CARD NUMBER: **********9094 K

TRAN AMOUNT: $728.95

APPROVAL CD: 714473

RECORD #: 000

CLERK ID: Sandra

SALES TAX: $0.00

Thank you!

Customer Copy

So what do you think my chances are if they ask me to prove what I ordered?

I received two emails. One from the salesman stating if they could not provide ATX, I would get a full refund. The second was a confirmation for only the amount paid for the software. I ordered on 4/24. I would contact the salesman and get the guarantee.

The problem is, I do not have any written verification of what I ordered.

Here is all I have gotten...

TAX REFUND XPRESS

216 W VINE STREET

MURFREESBORO, TN 37130

TAX REFUND XPRESS

Date: 04/27/2009 04:57:45 PM

CREDIT CARD SALE

CARD NUMBER: **********9094 K

TRAN AMOUNT: $728.95

APPROVAL CD: 714473

RECORD #: 000

CLERK ID: Sandra

SALES TAX: $0.00

Thank you!

Customer Copy

So what do you think my chances are if they ask me to prove what I ordered?

Call the sales person who signed you up and ask for the written guarantee. My sales person sent me the written guarantee and it was very detailed as to what I would be getting. I have talked with my sales person on a couple of occassions, and I honestly believe that if you ordered the total tax package that is what you will be getting. I feel that what happened was unfortunate and there is enough blame to share. I was told that everyone who had already ordered the total tax package would be getting it, they were not able to issue any more. When you go to the web site and take a look you will see that this package is no longer available.

Deb!

horn·swog·gle [ háwrn swògg'l ] (past and past participle horn·swog·gled, present participle horn·swog·gling, 3rd person present singular horn·swog·gles)

transitive verb

Definition:

trick somebody: to cheat, trick, or deceive somebody ( informal )

[Early 19th century. Origin ?]