ATX Community

"Done" - for appropriate values of done.

Catherine

Well, as it turns out, I e-filed my last extended return yesterday.

One other is done and ready -- but the client is in Europe until this weekend; she'll have to paper-file, late.

And a good dozen others are still missing information. I sent out reminders a month ago and heard from -one- person -- two days ago -- who told me she can't find X, Y, and Z.

Clients. Gotta love 'em! (Because it's bad form to strangle them, LOL.)

Good luck to all of you in getting those last returns out the door today!

Catherine

I finished the last one that I was able to Tuesday night and I am now relaxing on the beach down by Clearwater. I still have several to do when I get back. I about killed myself and was up for 40 hours working on everything, packing for us and traveling. I slept great last night. We've never been down here before and my son is really enjoying it.

Bonnie

Done. Transmitted last clients and my own yesterday. Don't know why I do mine last. Anyway, all have been accepted except mine (well, IL accepted but not IRS and CT). Way behind on bookkeeping for a large client and already have an individual with two years to file, a partnership with four years and a c-corp with four. I'm taking the weekend off, though, to catch up on sleep and laundry and get reacquainted with my husband. CCH user conference is only a week away, as well as other courses this fall to prepare for next year.

Still waiting for the last one to pickup today. Could not e-file it. Oh well if he doesn't get it mailed it is not my fault, been calling him and calling him. He is always last, last minute or should I say last second. Everybody enjoy the next couple of days before the 2009 tax program comes in and we will be trying that out. Can't wait or can I?

Had an interesting call this am. This client always calls on Apr 14 or 15 for an extension, then usually files late anyhow. She called this morning to say she's dropping off 2007 & 2008 info. Doesn't expect the 2008 return to be completed today, but wants a copy of her 2008 extension because she's trying to get a refinance done. Any bets she will be calling me back tomorrow to say the lender says the extension won't help?

Follow-up - it gets better. She came in and handed me 2 year's worth of paperwork - a stack about 8" high. I gave her copies of the extension. When she began telling me how I could get back in touch with her today if I had questions, she looked puzzled when I told her I won't be able to work on the returns for at least 2 weeks. She then said maybe she should go through the paperwork and condense some of it, so I gave it all back to her. I wonder if she's going to take it all to someone else. At least I can hope that's the case.

Had only 1 extension to do for the 15th. Called and reminded her twice. She called me back once. Haven't heard from her since. As much as I like to say it's her problem now, I still get bothered by the fact that she won't be filing her tax return on time.

Diane

The hardest thing that I keep having to re-learn is that I cannot allow myself to care more about the client's taxes than the client cares. That way lies madness. Grey hair. High blood pressure. A maniacal look about the eyes. And more!

He just picked up his return with 1 1/2 hours left to make it to the post office. HOOOORAH. Now it is time to curl up with a book and read as I watch the snow fall. Yes I did say snow. It's been snowing for the last 4 hours but very little is sticking to the ground because it started as rain. I hope it will clear up so we can finish getting the grain (beans, corn and hay) off the fields and into the barn so we don't lose too much money on the farm. Boy it never seems to stop.

I just got a call from a pair of clients asking if it was too late do their 2 returns (business, 2 farms, trucking company, and rentals) before the deadline. The phone handset is still smoking from my reply!

They decided to drop it off Monday. I LOVE this business! :spaz:

And I thought that only happens to me!

Actually I sent my last one out three hours ago, but have enough work to keep me busy till the beginning of TAX SEASON!

(I'm not going to get much of a break this year.)

Deb!

And I thought that only happens to me!

Actually I sent my last one out three hours ago, but have enough work to keep me busy till the beginning of TAX SEASON!

(I'm not going to get much of a break this year.)

Deb!

I think I'll be happy -if- I manage to get my office re-organized and all those "I'll get to them later" papers filed away.

Sigh.

It snowed here yesterday, also. And, my husband had taken the brush out of my car for whatever reason! My 2007, yes 2007, return is sitting in an unsorted stack to be assembled; and now I can put my 2008 stack next to it on the guest bed. No wonder I never have any overnight guests!

We did a BAD thing at the firm where I work. We do many out of state returns, and we told everyone that filed an extension that the last day the IRS would accept e-files was October 14, and after that they would have to paper file.

I know... DEVIOUS!!!

But it WORKED!! Then on Thursday, we could tie up any loose ends, overnight faxes and e-mails of 8879s, and be a HERO for anyone who was truly last minute (after we added an expediting fee!).

We had 5 office appointments on Thursday!

Last e-file was transmitted at 1:15 PM.