ATX Community

Has anybody else received this e-mail?

Tax Prep by Deb

Wolters Kluwer Law/Business has Activated your New Mail Services!Thursday, December 10, 2009 2:08 PMFrom: "CCH" <[email protected]>

Dear [email protected],

Wolters Kluwer Law/Business has activated your virus and junk mail protection services.

You should log in to your personal, password-protected Wolters Kluwer Law/Business Message Center as soon as possible.

Your login address is: [email protected]

Your temporary password is: 8gvlzo~O (You will be asked to create a new password after first log in.)

To log in to your Wolters Kluwer Law/Business Message Center, use this link:

http://login.postini.com/exec/[email protected]

You may also modify your default settings or deactivate any services.

Thank You! Wolters Kluwer Law/Business

I'm very careful when it comes to e-mail, and I have absolutely no idea what this is about, but it does appear to come from CCH. I've gotten two of these e-mails and then a slightly different one a few minutes ago.

Any ideas?

Deb!

Wolters Kluwer Law/Business has Activated your New Mail Services!Thursday, December 10, 2009 2:08 PMFrom: "CCH" <[email protected]>

Dear [email protected],

Wolters Kluwer Law/Business has activated your virus and junk mail protection services.

You should log in to your personal, password-protected Wolters Kluwer Law/Business Message Center as soon as possible.

Your login address is: [email protected]

Your temporary password is: 8gvlzo~O (You will be asked to create a new password after first log in.)

To log in to your Wolters Kluwer Law/Business Message Center, use this link:

http://login.postini.com/exec/[email protected]

You may also modify your default settings or deactivate any services.

Thank You! Wolters Kluwer Law/Business

I'm very careful when it comes to e-mail, and I have absolutely no idea what this is about, but it does appear to come from CCH. I've gotten two of these e-mails and then a slightly different one a few minutes ago.

Any ideas?

Deb!

I just received it!

Postini is a Google business app:

"Hosted security and archiving services for your business

Keep your current email infrastructure and add email security and archiving services, powered by Postini. Our suite of services require nothing to install or maintain, so you can focus on strategic activities that drive your business.

Email Security

Protect your email from spam and set content policies to stay compliant

Email Archiving

Capture, store, and search messages in a hosted, centralized repository

Web Security

Stop web-borne spyware and viruses in real-time before they infiltrate your network"

Why we got the email is anybody's best guess. Hopefully, this is not a harbinger of things to come from CCH this year.

Is it possible that all who got the email were purchasers of ATX through TRX? I did not receive one.

Don't believe so. I see it has been noted on the My ATX Support website of the "other" ATX Community.

I'm just surprised CCH/ATX is asleep at the switch and has not notified us of the bogus e-mail.

taxbilly

I use ProSystem fx and have my email via my web site which is an Execusite/CCH product. I followed their directions to go to my email quarantine using my usual name and password and was able to change settings for email security, such as telling them to deliver certain names. However, even though their message had information for me, I received THREE of them. So, think CCH's computer hiccupped or something. Two of them were identical and the third a bit different in formatting. They also seemed to imply it had something to do with my attending their Users' Conference (which I did) but ended up being about email settings. Perhaps some real message got sent to multiple customer lists.

This is TOTALLY SPAM and anyone who has clicked on the links should take precautions to see that no malware, spyware or trojans have been downloaded to your system.

Since when did Wolters Kluwer Law/Business get into the "virus and junk mail protection services?" This is a no-brainer PHISHING e-mail.

Come on folks!

Went to a seminar on internet and computer security Wed evening. Do you know that 25% of people that receive Phishing e-mails click on the links.

Last year 980,000 people were ripped off due to following phishing e-mails. To the tune of an average of $1,500 per person.

THINK BEFORE YOU CLICK!

Positini (sp?) is used on my web site to filter my mail by CCH/Execusite. Until this email, I did not know where to go to tell it to deliver certain venders every time (I did know where to go to get specific filtered pieces of mail delivered for that time only before deleting the rest of the mail caught in the filters on that specific day). So, I was glad to get the email but clueless to why I received three or why anyone not using a CCH/Execusite web site would get that mail.

Be careful out there!