ATX Community

NT How much are you paying?

ILLMAS

Just wondering how much are you paying for a gallon of gas? The lowest in my area is about $4.05 and the highest I have seen is $4.85, seriously considering going with a hybrid car. I wish I could just walk to work or hitch hike to work :)

$3.63 in South Texas for regular unleaded.

Eli

I have to be honest and say that I have had my head buried in the sand (or tax returns, as it were), and have not paid much attention to the rise in prices. But just this morning, I did notice $3.85 (I think it was - at 5:30 in the morning my eyes are not completely open so I might have mis-read it) on the sign. I am in NW PA. I drive a four cylinder pick up truck, but my wife drives a Prius. 48 to 52 mpg sounds real good right now. And it uses the "cheap" gas.

Fairfield County, CT, my last fill-up was nearing $4 for the cheap stuff, but credit. But, I walk down the hall to my home office also, so my last fill-up was a long time ago. I've seen signs for over $4 lately.

Daughter-in-law bought a used Prius to balance out the carbon footprint with my son's used Ford F-150 pick-up truck.

$3.599 for unleaded in my area of Austin. $3.799 for diesel. Car (gas) gets 35 mpg city / 40 highway. Truck (diesel) mileage not so good but needed to tow trailer. It tends to not get used much around town.

I'm starting to really get interested in the plug-in hybrids. I've never spent that much on a car & don't usually buy one when they first come out. But I'm starting to consider it now!

I think I saw it for under $4 a gallon at the ARCO station (cash or debit only for those of you not on the west coast). Over $4 everywhere else, $4.15 for name brand.

I am so happy to have a commute of 'up the stairs' rather than the 32 miles I was going for my job!