ATX Community

My ATX

Wendy

well ATX is to busy to send an email to tell there customers how to fix this problem (but they can find time to send email to try to sell us some thing)

the fix to get it working is to go into tool in internet explorer and delete cookies browsing history and temporary files this worked for me

if you dont understand please call ATX so they can walk you thru 800-638-8291 the rep at at said they cause the problem and this is how to clear the aftermass

and as usually she gave the insincere "sorry for your trouble"

dont mean to be so irate to every one but ATX should know better and have sent email since we could not get the there web page.

cliff

I've not been able to get on to MyAtx either. Called ATX. They said it's only compatible with Internet Explorer. I've used Firefox for years and have been able to log on to MyAtx and the Solution Center, no problem. Except for today. So, I switched the rendering engine for my tab, and it now works. ATX said that it sometimes works with Firefox, but not always. Seems it's been working in Firefox for several years, no problem. Until today. So, if you are not using IE, try switching the rendering engine.

Diane

Finding a tech support person who TRULY KNOWS the problem is our dilema. I suspect there have been changes on their website, and the develpers(?) messed something up. I have been able to get on the site with IE until the last couple of days. I am using Win 7 and IE9.

The whole idea of clearing cache is distastefull to me. It takes out too many things that make my working easier. That is the canned answer that "less knowlegable" tech people always start with.

It appears to be a security setting issue within IE9. I'll be danged if I am dumping all my cache and cookies because a technician(?) only gives generic canned answers.

The few times a year that I go to "My ATX," I go through this sight. I use Google Chrome and haven't has a problem. When people started posting a problem, I went through the "community" and had no problem getting on. What it was worth, was as usual, not much.

I have an Add On for Firefox. It lets me right click the Tab that I'm in, then choose 'switch rendering engine'. It changes just that Tab to IE. You can go to 'Tools' in Firefox, choose 'Add-ons', then find the one for IE. It's called IE View. I've had to use this tool off and on. Most web sites are compatible with most of the Browsers. I find it really annoying that ATX would do this.

Diane

It is a website code error. The admin of that site needs to be checking into the issue. The message says there is an error, but seeing what the error is has been blocked.

I have an XP machine on my home network with IE8 that logs in just fine. My Win 7 machine with IE9 worked just fine until Friday. I am very meticulous about my computer and know that it is not an issue with my system.

I have a son who is a software engineer for Teradata. Website programming is what he does. He looked at the error and immediately said, "The website Admin needs to fix his site." Someone changed something in the site programming on Friday, then went home for the weekend. You would think a website/company that supports tax preparation business would have people on staff for such things during the most crucial time of tax season. I'm just sayin.....

Many of us are wondering the same thing. According to her profile, she has not been active here since June 10. I know that last year she was going through some health issues with her husband. She is, and will be, greatly missed by most of us here. Any insight as to whether or not she will be back would be welcomed.

I am unable to get onto MyATX using my new machine running Windows 7 or an older XP machine. Both are using Internet Explorer. I guess I will need to go in and delete the cookies.

BTW, I have never been able to access the site using Chrome. It says it is not designed for it, which I know is just CYA and laziness on the part of the web coders at ATX.

• Like 1