ATX Community

done!

Janitor Bob

i'm done with return and extensions for the night. I am doing a couple of sales taxes so I can go take tomorrow off and go to my husband's doctor appointment and take him out to eat. He has been a trooper this season and he has done a great job handling the client's the past few weeks. I didn't think that I had so many extensions, but it took forever. I'm going to have to count sometime, but right now I'm too tired to find out.

• Like 2

Clients emailing today asking if I filed their tax returns.  What do they owe?  Duh, did I give you returns and have you sign?  I e-filed extensions for you.  And, you didn't give be enough information (or enough time) to determine how much you owe.  That's why I gave you an extension form to mail in with a specific amount of payment based on your prior year balance due and 1Q ES payment.  Well, most of them I don't explain, I just remind them that they had a form to mail with a payment.  One was texting, calling, and emailing me at least three times/day for the last weeks to see if I'd filed his returns yet.  Back on 22 March when he gave me his info, I told him he'd be on extension.  Text, call, AND email at 8 p.m. last night.  If he'd left me alone, I'd have completed a few more returns, maybe even gotten to his!!

• Like 3

My text, call, AND email guy is still at it.  When can we have it done for good?  I haven't answered him yet.  Leaving to visit my new granddaughter for the first time since Christmas on Sunday, so catching up with laundry.  Going to postponed doctors' appointments yesterday and today.  Colleague has surgery Thursday.  Appalachia Service Project car wash fund raiser Saturday.  Lay reader Sunday so have readings & introductions to prepare.  How do I politely tell him I'm on vacation until May and then there are 16 people ahead of him?  Or that I can't find my crystal ball?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lion EA said:

My text, call, AND email guy is still at it.  When can we have it done for good?  I haven't answered him yet.  Leaving to visit my new granddaughter for the first time since Christmas on Sunday, so catching up with laundry.  Going to postponed doctors' appointments yesterday and today.  Colleague has surgery Thursday.  Appalachia Service Project car wash fund raiser Saturday.  Lay reader Sunday so have readings & introductions to prepare.  How do I politely tell him I'm on vacation until May and then there are 16 people ahead of him?  Or that I can't find my crystal ball?

"Now that we are beyond the federal filing deadline, we have reverted to normal business hours and not extended hours prior to April 18th. All returns are worked on in the order they are received, and unless we require additional documentation or clarification of information provided, you will not be contacted by us until the returns are finished."

• Like 4

I love it, Judy!  I copied it word for word and emailed it.  I also added "We are on vacation and return to the office Tuesday 3 May." at the beginning.  Maybe I should've said "well-deserved vacation."  I think I'm going to make it my voice-mail greeting, also!

• Like 5

I emailed it without a personalized greeting, so it looks very auto-respondish.  But, I jam up my mailbox when I put in an auto-response, because I have so many newsletters and junk that would get auto-responses, and then in turn I get their auto-responses to not respond to their auto mailbox address!  I'm just going to cut/paste for now.  Maybe set up an auto-response Sunday before we leave.

• Like 2