ATX Community

No post on atx community

lydia33

I will say one more thing about the discussion board, which it that you have to find this one on your own. This no doubt reduces the number of people participating. (Some might view that as a positive, others as a negative.) But if the board were part of the ATX website I believe there would be beneficial synergies, ie it would be good both for the board participants and for ATX/CCH.

Many of you posting here say you can't even get into the CCH site. How are they supposed to communicate with users if users don't even get on their website? Seems kind of basic to me that it would better for all if it were under one happy roof.

Ah, but that was in the good old day when it was, and then poof over night it went away. That is what started us being ticked off to begin with. Then poof more and more suprises.

So what makes you so sure that if we all left here and went there that they wouldn't pull the same thing again?

I personally feel at home here. A community should be a place were people care, and I have felt very cared for here. I for one will monitor the other borad, but for me this is home!

Deb!

This is definitely the Home Place. Ever since Eric took us under his wing, the companionship and comraderie have been awesome except for a very few instances. We came together and I believe that most of us will stay together HERE! In the past couple of weeks I have had the pleasure of telling other ATX users that I know about this site. It is amazing that so many have never found us and also that so many have.

I have not had that much problems with the software itself. The problem is when you need support it so darn long to get an answer. I believe that was because they were not trained with the ATX software as well as they should have been. The price increase is not that bad either. I have been with them since they were sabre a long time ago. I do not like change.....creator of habit.....old dog does not to learn new tricks.......I will probably renew BUT................I still am pardon the word.....Pisted...and the community board being brought back after all of you alls hard work on this board. I really like it here and I know I did not contribute much money but was waiting to see what my tax season was going to make before I made another. Well that's my 2 cents. With inflation you that not make it my Dollar?

I will look at the ATX board but I don't plan to post unless it is to complain. :P

I intend to stay here where I have receieved help for everythng I asked about, many time within minutes. Can't beat that.

There are some very "taxwise" (pardon the pun) folks on here and fortunately, they are willing to share their expertise to the not so "taxwise" preparers like myself.

Don't know for sure if I will renew or not. The standard 1040 package with free e-filing was all that I needed for tax software, until they dropped the free e-filing without notice! Upgraded to ATX 1040 Office so I could get the free e-files (I haves less than 100 customers), but it would have cost me over the upgrade price to pay for individual e-filings.

My new discounted offer for ATX 1040 Office is $704.00, $38.69 above my total cost for the 2007 Tax Year.

The $69.00 shipping fee is ridiculous.

Just my 2 cents.

Jerry

Eric, let us know when we can re-up to help support this board.

Gerald

Hey Gerald, it's totally up to you.

Everyone was quite generous in the middle of tax season when the bandwidth jumped through the roof and I eventually had to make the difficult decision to move the entire site over to a new server. It's been smooth sailing ever since. The PayPal account is always happy to accept a few bucks, though, and that's where the hosting bill is paid from. I deposit most of the checks that come in and transfer them to that same account, although I will admit that sometimes they pay for lunch instead :blush:

Hey Gerald, it's totally up to you.

Everyone was quite generous in the middle of tax season when the bandwidth jumped through the roof and I eventually had to make the difficult decision to move the entire site over to a new server. It's been smooth sailing ever since. The PayPal account is always happy to accept a few bucks, though, and that's where the hosting bill is paid from. I deposit most of the checks that come in and transfer them to that same account, although I will admit that sometimes they pay for lunch instead :blush:

And I much deserved lunch, I would add!

Deb!

My price increase for the 2008 program is $504.00 for Max. That is almost a 50% increase. It looks like CCH doesn't want my business next year. I like the ATX software but I'm just a small business and can't afford a 50% increase in cost. This is the final straw for me. If Mel doesn't have his software ready in time, I guess I'll be looking for something else or quit. I had already decided to quit doing partnerships and corporations. I don't have many of those anyway. At 71 years of age, I'm ready to slow down a little anyway.

What did you pay last year for MAX because I'm pretty sure WE paid just about the price they are asking for renewal?

It looks like I paid $1027.50 for Max last year.........

You're right. That's what I paid also. I just glanced at the renewal price they quoted me for renewing Max and I didn't notice they included the document manager at $305 and trial balance at $210. They included those free in my package last year and I never used them and had not requested them. I guess they were trying to slip those in this year (maybe they thought I wouldn't notice). The renewal price they quoted me for next year is $1,531.50 after discount which is almost 50% more than I paid for this year. Without the document manager and trial balance, the renewal price would be just a slight increase from last year. I apologize for jumping at conclusions. But, I still don't intend to renew. ATX is a very good program, but I do not like doing business with someone I can't trust.