Are you renewing for 2008 with ATX?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Are you renuewing with ATX for 2008

• Yes - Early and Taking the discount
    • Yes - But waiting till the last minute
    • Not Sure - Will decide later
    • No - Could change my mind if price is right
    • No - I am leaving for certain

Question for Blackenend....What does firewalls etc have to do with the fact that Minnesotans could not e-file until mid February...and even then had to re-create and re-send all the returns because ATX screwed up? The software is okay...the tech support, as someone said, is standing in the unemployment line in Maine.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for Blackenend....What does firewalls etc have to do with the fact that Minnesotans could not e-file until mid February...and even then had to re-create and re-send all the returns because ATX screwed up? The software is okay...the tech support, as someone said, is standing in the unemployment line in Maine.

Well since I dont live in Minnesota I wouldn't know. Sorry

You are awfully indignant for a customer of ATX. You post just confirms what I suspect about you. CCH is planting people on this board to get them to move to the CCH moderated board "where EVERYONE is going to be, and be happy ever after". No disputes, no negative comments about the buttheads who run CCH, no disention at all. Just loving, friendly CCH folks.

CCH makes me puke. Their plants on this board are the puke.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Im sorry Bullsh*t, I mean Bulldog but you have me all wrong. Plus I never said anything about anyone moving over to the other board, I could care less. Truth is I haven't even used the other board. You know what they say about people that assume right?

Im sorry Bullsh*t, I mean Bulldog but you have me all wrong. Plus I never said anything about anyone moving over to the other board, I could care less. Truth is I haven't even used the other board. You know what they say about people that assume right?

<<That is true, but EVERY customer knows about the other site and I see it as a VERY big plus that the other site actually has links to this site, which should bring the member count for this site up a good bit. >>

But this is your post from another thread. How would you know that there are links to this site if you were not there? And how do you know that EVERY customer knows about the other site.

You can insult me all you want, but it don't make you less of a CCH puke. It just makes you a lying CCH puke.

Tom

Lodi, CA

<<That is true, but EVERY customer knows about the other site and I see it as a VERY big plus that the other site actually has links to this site, which should bring the member count for this site up a good bit. >>

But this is your post from another thread. How would you know that there are links to this site if you were not there? And how do you know that EVERY customer knows about the other site.

You can insult me all you want, but it don't make you less of a CCH puke. It just makes you a lying CCH puke.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I know because I read on this site a good bit, and I saw where people were saying that there is links on the other site. I would be glad to give you the link if you need it. Everyone knows about it because either a: they got an email from atx or b: because it is listed on the atx support site.

I gotta say --

I am disturbed by the viciousness being hurled at this ATX person in this thread.

REGARDLESS of one's opinion of the management at CCH, can't we take the high road here? Let's assume that this person is here in good faith, and wants to help if possible. And then we judge by his actions.

I sure wouldn't want to be judged by some of the "actions" I've seen posted here.

If you're one who's really steamed, think of it as "enough rope to hang himself" - and wait to see if he does.

We've all been blamed - and reamed out - by clients who are _furious_ about a tax bill they've been presented with. Not fair, is it? It's not our fault the tax laws are the way they are, or that the client did something patently stupid. So let's not blame this guy when we know of _nothing_ he has done to harm any one of us in any way.

Catherine

Well put, Catherine. I could not agree more. If these two want to continue this pissing contest they should do it in private. I don't know who this newbie is - other than what he/she has stated. But until given good reason, he/she shoud be just as welcomed here as anyone else. It is nearing the deadline, and I suspect everyone, myself included, is wired to the max. Sleep de-prived, caffeine overly stimulated and stressed over what is not going to get done. Let's keep that in mind as we post and read other posts.

When you lose "trust" - and CCH has pretty well destroyed "trust" - it takes quite a while to rebuild that trust. I see some evidence of their attempt to rebuild.....

Renew at this point - no way! Renew even a little early - again no way! Renew in Dec - maybe. Let's see what Mel does.

I would much rather support Mel (and "take a chance on a new company/software) than "take a chance on CCH."

I even think I would "renew" early with Mel - seems like the preferable choice.

As far as price - a $300 increase is less than I was expecting from CCH.

It takes 1000 "ATTA Boys" to get rid of one "Oh Sh_T". Wonder how many "ATTA Boys" CCH needs?

Joel

I had been using ATX since 1998 until this year. After the problems last year and the fear of CCH discontinuing MAX at some point, I decided to look at other programs. I found a gem of a program that works perfectly for my business and only at $299. It's called TRX Pro and it's has some tie in with Orrtax.

The only worry I had about changing was the dreaded conversion, but much to my surprise it went rather smoothly. I've had to re-enter some depreciation and it created multiple copies of 6252, but has not been anywhere near the issues I thought could happen. I saved over $800 compared to MAX and the only thing I don't have is the payroll or special local forms contained on the ZillionForms. I've found it to be comparable to MAX and for $299 I'll be renewing again. E-file ws a breeze and did not any rejections due to the program from the get-go. Most of my federal acks have come back in as little as 4 hours some days which is remarkable. If you do a lot of business or fiduciary returns, then I can't speak to how the good the program works because I only do 1 partnership and it comes this week.

I loved ATX for many years, but being proactive really has paid off and my profilt line is showing.

http://www.trxalliance.com/

Scott P

www.powellstaxservice.com

I had been using ATX since 1998 until this year. After the problems last year and the fear of CCH discontinuing MAX at some point, I decided to look at other programs. I found a gem of a program that works perfectly for my business and only at $299. It's called TRX Pro and it's has some tie in with Orrtax. I loved ATX for many years, but being proactive really has paid off and my profilt line is showing.

How many clients do you have?

I had been using ATX since 1998 until this year. After the problems last year and the fear of CCH discontinuing MAX at some point, I decided to look at other programs. I found a gem of a program that works perfectly for my business and only at $299. It's called TRX Pro and it's has some tie in with Orrtax.

The only worry I had about changing was the dreaded conversion, but much to my surprise it went rather smoothly. I've had to re-enter some depreciation and it created multiple copies of 6252, but has not been anywhere near the issues I thought could happen. I saved over $800 compared to MAX and the only thing I don't have is the payroll or special local forms contained on the ZillionForms. I've found it to be comparable to MAX and for $299 I'll be renewing again. E-file ws a breeze and did not any rejections due to the program from the get-go. Most of my federal acks have come back in as little as 4 hours some days which is remarkable. If you do a lot of business or fiduciary returns, then I can't speak to how the good the program works because I only do 1 partnership and it comes this week.

I loved ATX for many years, but being proactive really has paid off and my profilt line is showing.

Scott P

It is a forms based input?

Mel!!!!!

Save us ALL!!!

Still think the answer is purchase both ATX and Mel's software at the same time. This will give Mel another year to refine his product and some needed cash to fund the operation. Maybe Mel can even bring back William to help with support. Plus we can all probably pare down (or is that pear down. mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Make mine a Bartlett) what we order from ATX.

Joel

It is a forms based input?

Yes. Very similar "drill down" to ATX. Uses + sign instead of bunny.

I have to keep an eye on the depreciation and amortized points. Most other things rolled over fine from ATX.

Yes. Very similar "drill down" to ATX. Uses + sign instead of bunny.

I have to keep an eye on the depreciation and amortized points. Most other things rolled over fine from ATX.

Do you have to keep an eye on the depreciation and amortized points year to year or only when you converted from ATX.

Do you have to keep an eye on the depreciation and amortized points year to year or only when you converted from ATX.

I too have used TRX Pro this year. Hd to chk Depr when converted, but do not see any problem later. This is my first year with them and the change over has been relatively easy. Have never had to wait longer than 7 minutes to get support help. Instead of hving me try to do the things they need done, they take over my keyboard and complete what is necessary to solve the problem, which saves me time in the long run. Very courteous on the phone and I have not had any efiles rejected, federal or CA. FYI, they stated that they have had a 350% increase of customers this year, and they still give good customer service.

The $299 is a far cry from the nearly $600 ATX wanted. I am a small business remaining on the verge of ending within the next year or so. I still would consider what Mel may have available.

Would love to have a more detailed review _after_ tax season. While I love the ATX program, there have been e-filing problems for several of my returns this year. And it's always good to keep money-saving options in mind, especially for a small practice like mine.

Would love to hear, for example, how it handles multi-state, non-resident, and part-year returns.

Catherine

Scott P

I have been using ATX since 1999 and have always liked the improvements every year.

I like the form based input.

I previously liked the ATX Support and ATX Community Board.

I had been using ATX 1040 with free e-filing and three states (the exact amount I needed).

My 2006 ATX Package was $381.00 from ATX

My 2007 ATX Package was $420.23 from ATX/CCH.

With only 50 customers or so, those prices have been acceptable. The thing that pissed me off the most was CCH dropping the free e-filing, without notice - I will not forgive them for that.

I went ahead and upgraded to ATX 1040 OFFICE to get the free e-filing because 99% of my customers e-file, so the $231.00 increase pretty much made it a push for what I would have been charged in e-filing fees. So, my total cost for the 2007 package was $651.35. My renewal for next year is $690.14. That gives me:

- ATX 1040 Office with all States & 100 e-files

- CCH 1040 Express Answers

- Training Webinar

- Early renewal training promotion

Last three - None of which do I use or want

Plus, the $69.00 Shipping is just outrageous. I shipped two tires and wheels to Texas for $76.00 (70 lbs).

Pardon me :blush: I know all this has been said before.

I do hope there is a lot of discussion about the TRX software after tax season. Their price is certainly attractive for a small office like mine. I would like to know more about how the software compares to ATX.

I intend to post these concerns on the "Official" ATX board before I make a decision to renew. It will be interesting to see their answer (if any).

Jerry