ATX Community

What are your plans for April 16?

SFA

Guest Taxed

Sounds great. I am going to catch up on my sleep and take care of the garden. No tax stuff for a week and then dive into the extensions that will have piled up. I want to make sure that those are taken care of by end of june because i want to have a peaceful and restive summer.

This summer i have my work cut out trying to evaluate all the available tax prepsoftware and trying to find a home! I am sick of switching and learning a new software every few years!

So tax software salesfolks, call me!!!

Sleep late - most likely until about 6:30 in the morning. And then I am going looking at bicycles. And then take a nap. And follow that up with another nap. These 16 hour seven days a week (112 hours per week) are getting old fast. We will be done with prep work on the 12th and work on extensions until noon on the 15th. After the 16th, we will be back crunching out quarterly payroll reports. We do not get back on tax returns until late May.

• Like 1

Sleep late, laundry, catch up with biz clients. Going to a women's healing yoga workshop near my son's Inn later in April, so that will be my vacation week before delving into extensions. Clients are calling constantly now, so I may need to turn the ringer off the last two weeks of April until I start getting more done in May. Training for this summer's Appalachia Service Project; leave the last Saturday in June for 10 days. And, my twice rescheduled parachute jump with my kids which started out on my 65th birthday, but weather hasn't been cooperating.

I will go into the office Apr 15 about mid-morning and spend a few hours reviewing all my extension filings. Then home around 5pm to take my wife to dinner. This became an annual Apr 15 ritual for us many years ago, once I learned how to manage extensions the right way. Sure beats working until all hours of the night and risking mistakes. After dinner we will pack and leave for the beach the morning of Apr 16 to spend the rest of the week relaxing.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, I will be working, after a much needed sleep in session, and a leisurely breakfast. I have actually had some 20 hr shifts and back in at 8 am. Lately I have been limiting myself to 16 hours and I am 7 days a week also. Miss my family and church. Most likely will not take any time until, I have finished all major returns. I will not be able to rest until the majority of extensions are complete. Off to the Caribbean in June so at least I have that to look forward to.

Likely doing much needed laundry and packing to leave for San Francisco on the 17th for a very long weekend. But I have at least two clients that want to meet with me while I'm there! Write off some of it? ;) Then back for payroll and off to Orlando for another week.

Likely doing much needed laundry and packing to leave for San Francisco on the 17th for a very long weekend. But I have at least two clients that want to meet with me while I'm there! Write off some of it? ;) Then back for payroll and off to Orlando for another week.

aawwww.Now this thread has turned into a tax question topic?! "Write off some of it?" OK let me look it up. . . . Yup. Go for it!

Guest Taxed

You know what they say! Setup the meeting before you leave and if possible set one for Friday and one for Monday, do sightseeing Sat/Sun. Write it off as a business trip.

4/16 -- sleep and general catching up on personal life. Then (dates not disclosed on public forum) off to Puerto Peñasco, Sonora, Mexico for a month or so. Sipping margaritas, walks on the beach & enjoying sunsets (like in my avatar).

Perhaps not all fun and games -- I will have my computer and internet so I can still answer client questions.

Edit -- also looking at demos of all tax software to see what to use next year.