ATX Community

ATX steps backward from 2011

grandj48

ATX reached out and wanted to know what made this program worse than last year. I sent them a list of over 30 items, but I think we need to inform the rest of the community how many issues they created in their new iterration. I seem to find a couple every day. So lets post all the steps backwards for the rest to see.

After the 15th me and mine could probably give them an evaluation of a 100 items that did not work correctly and none that did work consistently. Programs still crash on efile creation, forms do not update when reopening slooooow lost assets, poor communication within program, I am tired I am still a month behind

Only 30 items?!?

After the 15th me and mine could probably give them an evaluation of a 100 items that did not work correctly and none that did work consistently. Programs still crash on efile creation, forms do not update when reopening slooooow lost assets, poor communication within program, I am tired I am still a month behind

Is this ATX's way of pretending to appease us? :mad:

Personally I am not going to waste anymore of my time!

ATX reached out and wanted to know what made this program worse than last year. I sent them a list of over 30 items, but I think we need to inform the rest of the community how many issues they created in their new iterration. I seem to find a couple every day. So lets post all the steps backwards for the rest to see.

Man, I must have gotten a different product than you four. WTH did I buy? It worked well. No stuff!!!

There are so many things that 2011 did that 2012 doesn't . You could just type V and various would pop up in 2011 - not in 12. IF you were a check the box designee it would fill in the form for the state in 11, not in 12. Hit efile and it will only give you the 12 efile errors to repair and then you have run it again to get the state. Software input and execution efficiency is measure by keystrokes required and 12 is much more intensive in the number keystrokes to get to the same place. Plus the really big issue is process time. For a test we did a return in 11 and 12 and it took 1/2 the time in 11.

• Like 1

THEY HAVE TOTALLY MISSED THE BOAT. HOW THEY CAN NOT BE THINKING OF GOING BACK TO 2011 IS UNTHINKABLE. TO TRY AND QUANTIFY THE REASONS IS MADDING.EITHER THEY DO OR WE GO TO ANOTHER VENDOR.

I AM NETWORKED WITH 6 STATIONS WINDOWS XP PRO. THE SLOWNESS IS UNMERCIFUL. TO DO EXTENSIONS OF TIME IS 10-25 MINUTES DEPENDING ON SIZE OF FILE. MOST FILES MY STAFF IS SAYING 20 MINUTES. WE ALL REMEMBER HOW EASY LAST TAX SEASON WAS WITH 2011 PROGRAM. MY STAFF HAS BEEN WORKING NONSTOP TOP TRY AND MAKE UP FOR THE SLOWNESS. MY IT GUY SAYS THERE IS NO FIX TO THIS PROGRAM. WE ARE USING 12.11 SINCE WE WENT TO THIS WE HAVE SLOWED DOWN EVEN MORE AND DO NOT DARE UPDATE.

HOPE YOU ALL GET THROUGH THIS AND I DO HOPE ATX IS LISTENING REMEMBER WITH 31,000 CUSTOMERS AT AN AVERAGE 1,400 PICK A FIGURE, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT $40,000,000 BUSINESS.

COMPETITORS ARE BEATING AT OUR DOORS TO SWITCH. I TOLD THEM ALL GOING EVALUATE IN JUNE.

• Like 2

I have less than 300 returns in the manager. But that includes adding the 8878 and creating a PDF file of it or printing it too. And creating the efile. I was zipping right along last night.

The thing that is slowing me down is the efile authorization for extensions. That's a pain in the butt. I'd have all the extensions done if I didn't have to send that to the client and wait for it to come back.

Well, back in the old days, I could sign the extension for the client when the 4868 required a signature. Now, I just efile the extension. I figure I still have the right to sign for the client and I am simply not going to go through the hassle of having the client sign. All of my clients going on extension know that I am putting them on extension so I have their 'virtual' signature anyway.

• Like 1

I know that not everyone had issues with speed, crashing etc, BUT I do not understand why you still don't have concerns with the new ATX, and are still not seeing things that need fixing. ATX removed a ton of important features that were part of the previous years software. These at a minimum should be on your list.

To name just a few:

1. Spreadsheets

2. Ability to Unprotect forms

3. Ability to Customize calculations

4. In Cell calculations

5. Import of Quickbooks

6. Import of W-2's

7. Full Featured FAM with complete history past and future (here I may be at a loss, since I now buy the Stand Alone FAM, I get that inside ATX also, so don't know what those of you that did not buy that see.)

8. Ability to make custom Modules and full featured Templates by integrating forms and customizing the links and formulas simultaneously. (I had personally built a custom incorporation package using several of the above features)

9. Ability to Export Forms to Excel (I used to find this feature invaluable now I have to download a PDF and laboriously create the form, and without the ability to link across to other forms)

10. Ability to see the Calc Sheet to determine both why something is happening and FIX programing mistakes quickly, before ATX can do the same (Multiple times I found I could manipulate the calc sheet to fix or add a feature - GONE NOW)

• Like 2

I know that not everyone had issues with speed, crashing etc, BUT I do not understand why you still don't have concerns with the new ATX, and are still not seeing things that need fixing. ATX removed a ton of important features that were part of the previous years software. These at a minimum should be on your list.

To name just a few:

1. Spreadsheets

2. Ability to Unprotect forms

3. Ability to Customize calculations

4. In Cell calculations

5. Import of Quickbooks

6. Import of W-2's

7. Full Featured FAM with complete history past and future (here I may be at a loss, since I now buy the Stand Alone FAM, I get that inside ATX also, so don't know what those of you that did not buy that see.)

8. Ability to make custom Modules and full featured Templates by integrating forms and customizing the links and formulas simultaneously. (I had personally built a custom incorporation package using several of the above features)

9. Ability to Export Forms to Excel (I used to find this feature invaluable now I have to download a PDF and laboriously create the form, and without the ability to link across to other forms)

10. Ability to see the Calc Sheet to determine both why something is happening and FIX programing mistakes quickly, before ATX can do the same (Multiple times I found I could manipulate the calc sheet to fix or add a feature - GONE NOW)

Don't hold your breath!!!

You don't need a signature if no money is being electronically withdrawn from the taxpayer's account.

I was glad to see this post because none of mine are signed either, but none of them are going to owe. They all knew they were going on extension. Still had people calling tonight. One lady said, "I have been calling you all day and it just rang and rang." I said, "That is because I had the phone unplugged." OH??????????? :wacko:

THEY HAVE TOTALLY MISSED THE BOAT. HOW THEY CAN NOT BE THINKING OF GOING BACK TO 2011 IS UNTHINKABLE. TO TRY AND QUANTIFY THE REASONS IS MADDING.EITHER THEY DO OR WE GO TO ANOTHER VENDOR.

I AM NETWORKED WITH 6 STATIONS WINDOWS XP PRO. THE SLOWNESS IS UNMERCIFUL. TO DO EXTENSIONS OF TIME IS 10-25 MINUTES DEPENDING ON SIZE OF FILE. MOST FILES MY STAFF IS SAYING 20 MINUTES. WE ALL REMEMBER HOW EASY LAST TAX SEASON WAS WITH 2011 PROGRAM. MY STAFF HAS BEEN WORKING NONSTOP TOP TRY AND MAKE UP FOR THE SLOWNESS. MY IT GUY SAYS THERE IS NO FIX TO THIS PROGRAM. WE ARE USING 12.11 SINCE WE WENT TO THIS WE HAVE SLOWED DOWN EVEN MORE AND DO NOT DARE UPDATE.

HOPE YOU ALL GET THROUGH THIS AND I DO HOPE ATX IS LISTENING REMEMBER WITH 31,000 CUSTOMERS AT AN AVERAGE 1,400 PICK A FIGURE, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT $40,000,000 BUSINESS.

COMPETITORS ARE BEATING AT OUR DOORS TO SWITCH. I TOLD THEM ALL GOING EVALUATE IN JUNE.

THERE IS NO GOING BACK TO 2011...GET OVER IT.

6 NETWORK STATIONS AND STILL USING XP...GO FISH.

UPGRADE TO WIN7 IF YOU CAN FIND IT...NO WIN8...IT WILL BE YOUR NEXT UPGRADE NIGHTMARE.

• Like 1

I can attest to fact that OS and or age of machines or servers has nothing to do with the interoperability of the software program.

In desperation we upgraded all 3 workstations to win 7 64 bit, with SSD, New server with ssd dedicated only to ATX 2012. Still agonizingly slow. Memory hog? this thing never releases memory, and approaching 1 gig it will crash every time. Lose track of what your intending to do, clients wanting whatif scenarios, not a chance. All in All, while I do not have final numbers and won't for a few weeks, I suspect that this program costs us 30,000 dollars this year. (and it is only April 15, 6 months to go)

I have less than 300 returns in the manager. But that includes adding the 8878 and creating a PDF file of it or printing it too. And creating the efile. I was zipping right along last night.

The thing that is slowing me down is the efile authorization for extensions. That's a pain in the butt. I'd have all the extensions done if I didn't have to send that to the client and wait for it to come back.

Likewise, so I went back to the 'old school' method of snail-mailing hard copies of Forms 4868 fronted with a letter listing all clients by name & SSN, in a single batch via USPS -- Certified Mail (but, now, "digitial" receipt requested). Saved me HOURS.