ATX Community

I am DONE

Roberts

No returns are expected to come into the office for 2+ weeks.

two pickups remaining

three I'm waiting for a small amount of data each but we've been given a 1-month extension.

Waiting on e-file authorization from about 25 returns but I know on Monday I'll get 1 call for all of them that says - GO!

I might have a beer or four tonight.

• Like 10

Congrats! I'm definitely doing something wrong. So many of my clients have a cow if they go on extension. I will be busting my rear until Monday. The good side is I won't have as many people on extension bugging me to get them done in April while I'm trying to do payroll and property taxes. I have had so many complicated returns this year that it has really put me behind on smaller ones. Way too many new businesses started and too many late K-1s and 1099's. 

• Like 4

Every time I tell my wife I have nothing to do the phone rings, the fax starts up, I get an email and then tomorrow morning I go to the post office so who knows.  But I'm on track to be done tomorrow.  Just missing the usual late ones, and I'm not calling them this year. 

• Like 4

I have only a handful of federal extensions including for my own return. My state's due date is 5/2 so I'll finish most of the returns within a few days after a much needed break.  Everything I have in is mostly complete at this point anyway. Like Lee, after that I'll get to the quarterlies and the accounting work

• Like 4

I have two more left to file that are done and 32 more extensions to file.  Usually that's all I have, but this year I've already filed almost 50 extensions.  I left for my client conference today and will be filing from my hotel room. The two hour drive to San Jose actually did me a LOT of good. That and the nap before I left that my roommate insisted I take before driving. 

• Like 4

I have a LOT of extensions to file.  Saturday.  And a couple siblings with kiddie tax to proofread Friday, one sign/pick-up Friday (which means I have to shower and dress!), and maybe the family in Singapore to dig into Friday and try to complete by Monday.  If I can squeeze in any little ones (I don't have little ones, especially in April) Sunday and Monday, it would stop some of the phone calls.  I gave amounts to mail in to the clients who will mail in extension payments.  Going to e-file extensions for all extensions, whether they tell me they're mailing or not.  (Thank you, Jack, that's a good idea.)  And, have a bunch that called and said please file extensions, so I have no info, so zeroes.  I've had only one extension denied, and it was by CT a few years ago for a single mom who teaches violin and doesn't make much money.  So, I hope this is not the year any government cracks down on "zero" extensions, because I think I may be e-filing more than my usual number of zeroes.  Going to get some sleep before I have to shower and dress!

• Like 3

One or two more returns to file (just waiting for 8879's to come in).  Double-checked all extensions yesterday and had them all but one or two which are now filed.

A couple of emails to return, then I turn my attention to quarterly payroll issues.  Oh, and getting my own QB re-installed on this machine.  Possibly seeing if the boat anchor machine can be revived.  Sigh.

• Like 5

First time for the last couple of years that I have been done before the last day of season!! All extensions filed. Hooray heading for the deck, sunshine and some good old NC sweet tea!! Another tax season behind us and I hope it has been a prosperous one for all.

Mod edit - I merged this post and its topic into this one by the same name.

Edited by jklcpa
Merged post into this topic
  • Like 6

Haven't yet decided if I'll go in to the office on the 18th. Will definitely sleep in though, since all my extensions are already  filed.  Plus, I brought some write-up work home with me just in case I decide to stick around the house on Monday

I did get a phone call on Saturday on my voice mail from a problem client of a few years ago. Fortunately she didn't leave a message and I'm hoping for her sake she gave in and spent some time at an HRB office over the weekend. If not, then if she reaches me on Monday that will still be my advice to her. 

• Like 2

Well I did come home to a couple more I had missed, and filed those. Called some people that were making payments online and got them sorted out. Sent out a POA for so done I'm filing back returns. Paid my assistants. Took a nap.  

I am waiting on some ACKs, and for the Voice to start. Might watch lots of the final season of Justified. And told everyone that I'm taking the rest of the week off. Well, might do my own payroll. 

• Like 1

Well... we have 90 extensions.  Most (60?) were the same people as last year who always go on extension, 15 were "just in case" those that we were working on down to the line, and may have gotten finished, but we extended them around the 10th to avoid issues.   The other 15 were "defensive" folks who we have done work for, but not heard from them, yet, etc. 

That is out of about 570 returns.

• Like 1