ATX Community

ATX Discount

Christian

2 hours ago, Christian said:

For years I have ordered ATX in May online to get their usual 10% early bird discount. Now it seems I will have to call my sales rep and probably listen to a spiel on offerings ATX has which I do not need ?

I got the spiel yesterday, but they called me.  The big push was for Portal Safe; which I do not want or need. In fact, with the price of everything going up, I am seriously reflecting on where I can cut corners in the coming year.  It's a pretty sad day when you have to count the cost of going to tax classes as your "vacation" for the year.  We aren't even finished with 2015 and suddenly we are hit with renew, renew, renew!!!!!

• Like 2

So many companies are switching to virtually effortless contact via the internet. Bizarre when a company is going the opposite direction. I tend to avoid those companies because I don't want to be bothered by their games.

I have no problem with renewal notices - I appreciate it. Not intrusive contact. I've already renewed my software for next year so the basic renewal notices are valued by me. I don't do physical trips onsight for tax training. Doesn't make sense for me to travel to another location when online training works just as effectively. 

• Like 2

Yesterday received an email from ATX stating my renewal quote was available. Went to ATX (I hate following links I do not actually know) and found that I had my quote --- 10% off standard price with the $39.00 for shipping, etc. (we discussed this last year -- but no changes from ATX this year, it is still there and NOT able to be taken off) with sales tax added to give the DISCOUNT price.

It is interesting that the "package" gives what they give in-your-level-package but NO REAL data on what is in the actual program for 2016.  Will it have all that was there in 2015, will it have more, will it have less --- //// Seems kind of like congress  --- you have to buy it to see what is there  /// except unlike congress, the ATX people can not say they did not realize something was in the package (or missing from the package) because they were too busy to do there job and know what was REALLY there ----- or given the mentality // maybe they could still say either --- with a straight face of course.

I am still an ATX person, but they definitely could improve many aspects.

Have a good // off // season and be well and happy --- for tomorrow WE TAX AGAIN !!!

Got an email last week that said my online renewal is ready. Roughly 5% increase for Max from 1268.10 to 1331.10.

Quote page had an error on it that added 69 extra to the total. Logged out and back in and total was correct.

You can add/subtract items from your quote. Seems like a step in the right direction to me, since I can now just renew online without having to email/call my rep.

• Like 1

I don't understand why they can sell the same product to one client cheaper than to another person.  I don't like to deal with companies that don't deal fairly with everyone.  In my opinion for whatever it is worth, they should determine what they feel is a fair price and one that they can deal with and sell it to everyone for that price.  They are saying by their policy that they are going to stick you for whatever they can.  I'm glad that I don't deal with them anymore. 

• Like 5

I haven't used ATX for a number of years. I thought then and still do now that the shipping fee is ridiculous. At one time, you received a catalog or depreciation master manual or other items that may have made up the cost of shipping. But now with all the downloads, 39.00 for a disk is really out there. Drake had no shipping charges for the downloaded version. You have a choice as to whether you want to receive a disk or not which you will pay shipping for. Automatic inclusion is a rip-off. As far as I know, ATX is the only one who does this.

• Like 2

Shipping includes the Master Tax Guide.

What if there was just a single price including shipping and you did not see the breakdown?  Would it change how you felt about the price?  No, you would complain about not seeing a breakdown. 

Get a grip.  Consider the total cost, then choose to buy or not to buy.  So much drama over a simple business decision.

facepalmdouble.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

Shipping fee is now $69. Plus if they didn't ship it, we would not have to pay sales tax. I just have to think of it as part of the price, and I'm ok with that.

Just using Abby's post to share some information.

At one point this was true --- today, due to many changes in the governments need to get more money from us, many sales tax departments have started (and more are starting) to use "nexus" descriptions that require more and more "sales tax" regardless of where, how, when products are shipped/delivered, etc..   MY BELIEF is eventually sales tax will be always, etc..

Just as DOL (department of labor) guidelines are now being used (revised again in July 2016) in place of the time tested IRS determinations of "independent contractor" (IC) vs. employee because it places more and more "IC's" out and causes them to be employees so tax is automatically taken by employer; the states win and government might get more money. The big thing here is mostly economical determinations instead of the "old" IRS descriptions.

:blush:COMMERCIAL:  no not really but a decent source to be updated is the CPAacademy.com webinars.  All free and yes, put on as somewhat a sales lead-in BUT with a lot of good information and sources to help us keep abreast.

:mellow:ATX is a pain with the shipping fee, etc. because supposedly being a "leader" in tax prep. software, they show a lagging understanding in delivery of services by insisting on calling the fee "shipping".  The explanation fro last year that, yes BUT it helps offset the computer time, etc. to service the customers (us poor practitioners) is poor marketing.   BUT   we are stuck with it and as many have said ---- if we do not like the overall price or service ---MOVE ELSEWHERE ---           Still an ATX person because it still fulfills my needs and I am only in it for a few more decades (God willing, government still willing to tax, clients keep coming). :lol:

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

This just in...  My faith in the integrity of CCH withers more every day...

Due to high demand, we've extended the early renewal offer through June 30, 2016. Call your Account Manager at 800-495-4626 or click the Renew Today button below to take advantage of this extended time to lock-in your ATX software.

Be sure to ask your Account Manager about upgrading to ATX Advantage for the 2017 filing season - upgrade and enjoy:

• Concierge Customer Care
  • Enhanced Asset Management Capabilities
  • Advanced Tax Calculations and Compliance Capabilities
  • Six Concurrent User Licenses
  • Like 3

CPAacademy.com sent me emails for their webinars EVERY SINGLE DAY.  The emails were huge, with dozens of lengthy links.  Thankfully our email service plopped all of them into spam.  I got so fed up I clicked the link to unsubscribe (hate to do that as it can bring you twice as much garbage because the email address is now verified as "live" and can be sold for more money.)  It worked, and they stopped clogging my spam folder so I can see what's in there.  Companies try to solicit business via email because it's so cheap, but do they really think sending people messages every day is going to make them want to sign up instead of thinking of them as stalkers and vowing never to do business with them?

• Like 6

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 10:52 AM, Jack from Ohio said:

This just in...  My faith in the integrity of CCH withers more every day...

Due to high demand, we've extended the early renewal offer through June 30, 2016. Call your Account Manager at 800-495-4626 or click the Renew Today button below to take advantage of this extended time to lock-in your ATX software.

Be sure to ask your Account Manager about upgrading to ATX Advantage for the 2017 filing season - upgrade and enjoy:

• Concierge Customer Care
  • Enhanced Asset Management Capabilities
  • Advanced Tax Calculations and Compliance Capabilities
  • Six Concurrent User Licenses

Advanced Tax Calculations?  I assume they mean Taxes Paid to other Jurisdictions.  Hopefully there aren't many other calculations they are keeping from their Max package.  The taxes paid should be part of Max.  In my opinion, you shouldn't have to pay more for that feature.  

I like how they spun that..."Due to high demand."  Yea,...okay.   

• Like 7

A bit frustrated with the recent ATX e-mail, received yesterday, with the offering of a free copy of the Taxbook Deluxe along with the extended renewal pricing. What about the long time customers who renewed during the "initial" renewal discount period??.  I am calling tomorrow, FWIW. Do not understand their marketing or lack of marketing. Feel like a sucker! 

• Like 6

I called this morning & the first sales associate I spoke to "John" says they offer different promotions at different times, so May's early renewal promotion (in which we were hard-pressed to take advantage of), is different than this month's promotion of the early renewal price, w/ a free copy of the Deluxe version of The Taxbook. So I said, "I am being penalized for renewing in May, because you now offer a better promotion in June". He then said he would switch me over to my sales rep (which I never knew I had, BTW, "Will".  Had to leave a voice my, because "Will" was not available. They should have never sent out "renewal e-mail promotions", to those who have already renewed. I am going to press this issue, as  I feel they should have offered the Taxbook  with the May renewals as more of an incentive!   

• Like 3