Punjab

The Asp

Fagan you viper

Lord Plushbottom

Kayo

King Guz

Ghost who walks

>>I haven't got any idea.<<

You are not alone. According to the headlines today, that's one of the big problems with the economy--it is no longer true that, "Every five seconds of every working day, somebody buys a new Chevrolet!"

The headlines are retarded. I think what's wrong with the economy is that there was a long period where "Every five seconds of every working day, somebody buys a new Chevrolet!"

Detroit got pretty comfortable with the bulk of Americans buying crap that they couldn't afford like they're entitled to luxury. Shake that MasterCard money tree! You deserve to have nice things!

Unfortunately, our government has the same adolescent view of money management.

Sorry about the off topic rant, I'll exercise some restraint and shut up.

I got them all, and I'll be 49 tomorrow. Howdy Doody I only know from my husband singing it (and some picture books I had when I was very small), and I became acquainted with Dobie Gillis only when Channel 58 started up with all day reruns of Dobie Gillis, Mr. Ed and Car 54.

I got all 20, and I am 'only' 48. Of course Superman I saw in reruns, Pepsodent I guessed, I've never seen Dobie Gillis but anyone who knows popular culture should know Maynard G. Krebs, & I know music pretty well (a least anything recorded before I turned 40 and that isn't rap). My laundry day song is "ITS.... laundry dooty time, Its laundry dooty time, lets get out the grime, its laundry dooty time!"

Lets all sing along!

Heck I remember Kuka, Fran & Ollie. I think they were on almost as long as Captain Kangaroo. Jeez, now that's stirring up my old brain cells.

Of course my back acre is flooded because I can't remember when I turn the water on to irrigate the garden, and it must've been on for a week or so.

And my roommate didn't know that, and went out to grade and now I have a backhoe sunk up to its axels in the muck.

Sigh.

As long as we're going down memory lane, here's one I remember from when I was a kid. Can anyone tell me why I thought Richard Boone's character in "Have Gun, Will Travel" had an unusual first name? (It seemed odd to me even as a youngster, but for years I thought his first name was "Wire").

• 4 weeks later...