ATX Community

Randall

What exactly was 12.11 supposed to "fix?" Program opens slower, returns open slower, e-filing process is slower...

ATX! FIX THE FIX SOON!!! Stepping backwards just increases the amount we will be litigating for after tax season!!!!

If anyone treads on the other board, feel free to copy my words! I will NOT go over there. Should have jumped ship in the first week of Feb.

Fool me once, shame on you,

Fool me twice, shame on me,

Fool me thrice, I am a blithering idiot,

Fool me 5 times, and I am a poster child for stupidity and ignorance!!!

Guest Taxed

I am sure Mr. Jason Marx will have his hands full pacifying angry CCH customers at the Nationwide IRS Forums in case he visits them there.

I wonder if Redgear is going to offer a substantial discount to lure angry former customers back? Hint Hint ATX??

I just finished browsing the ATX board:

1. For a significant number of posters that were having problems before,they now have worse problems

and are scrambling trying to figure out how to go back to 12.10 (They seem to be primarily on Networks)

2. Some posters on standalones say, It's about the same or somewhat slower. (Almost no one is saying it's faster)

3. A number of posters are saying that it did not fix the fixed asset problems.

Posters that watched Ben on ATX TV are saying it's like ATX has thrown in the towel as far as fixing bugs or improving speed.

Ben's big emphasis was about ATX doing what they could to help everyone file their extensions.

And so it goes. I'm glad it's cloudy today. It's really hard to do tax returns when it's nice and sunny!

• Like 1

I actually did a return in 10 Minutes...with a sch A...this is a dramatic improvement, but it took over 4 hrs on Tech support today. I was on with Tech last night and the guy left me hanging when he told me at 9:45 that there was nothing else he could do for me after being on line with him for over 4 hrs. He could not log off fast enough the xo*&^% Anyway, I could not even open a return when he finished with me. Had to call my husband, who through log me in, was able to recover what the idiot did to make me completely inoperable thanks to a great in house Tech support. We had two people working with us today and we are much better. hoping it does not fade away as it has before. Heres to hoping

My computer was so slow in general yesterday, every program was dragging, midday I said the hell with this and did a complete shut down, low and behold there were 3 critical updates from Microsoft ready to be installed. It took 7-10 minutes before the computer shut down, after the install the computer was a bit faster, however I am still working on 12.0 on a WIN7 64-bit machine, so check to see if there are any critical updates waiting to be installed.

Jack,

I hope this helps you.

Re: Can we go backwards
My experience has been this: 1. You must uninstall the software using the "Uninstall" feature on the ATX Install Disk. You will NOT have good results if you attempt to uninstall using the operating system (Windows) uninstall feature.
2. You must then reinstall the software using the original installation disk. You will need your install codes.
3. You may then update to the version that suits your fancy. (Assumes you have retained that version of the update.) These are available somewhere, but I can't recall where I found them.)
Warning: If these steps are unclear or confusing, do not attempt this procedure
Re: Can we go backwards
Looks like you can download prior updates with the following link:

http://download.cchsfs.com/tech/atx/atx2012.update.12.xx.exe

substitute the update number for the xx

I just downloaded the 12.10 update this way.

When you uninstall and reinstall, in order to get past the updates already installed, you must delete all the files created. This means restoring all the clients from the backup file once you have updated the program and all the forms.

Tried that 3 weeks ago. Restored 657 clients from the back up file. Took 3.5 minutes each. You do the math....

After restoring, 25 returns were not there or had been corrupted and unusable. This was due to the program having been creating backup files that are incomplete and corrupted.

DO NOT UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL IF YOU ARE ON A DOMAIN SERVER OR HAVE MORE THAN 200 CLIENTS.